CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

Jayme    0

Do you know when you'll be selling the MasterKeys Pro S in Red Switches? I have checked everywhere online and no-one seems to be selling it, I have checked your website and it isn't even listed.

I had a pre-order on Amazon UK although they've now removed the product from their website, which doesn't seem a good sign.

I am hoping you'll have stock soon, I have had my pre-order placed since release and have not heard anything more regarding release/availability.

Thanks in advance,

Jayme

CM Bram    37

Do you know when you'll be selling the MasterKeys Pro S in Red Switches? I have checked everywhere online and no-one seems to be selling it, I have checked your website and it isn't even listed.

I had a pre-order on Amazon UK although they've now removed the product from their website, which doesn't seem a good sign.

I am hoping you'll have stock soon, I have had my pre-order placed since release and have not heard anything more regarding release/availability.

Thanks in advance,

Jayme

For UK you are correct, the focus will be for UK on Cherry MX Brown switches, at least for the innitial quantity.. :)

FruitLoop    8

I was about to create a new thread asking some information regarding the MasterKeys Pro S with MX Brown switches but then I saw this thread.

Do you know where can I find the MasterKeys Pro S with Browns and ANSI-US layout (it must be in ANSI-US) in an european store?

I live in Portugal and I want to avoid ordering a mech keyboard from the US due to ridiculous shipping fees and taxes.

I'd rather order from an EU store/source if possible.

Thanks.

Edit:  I was told on Reddit (r/mk) that the MasterKeys Pro S w/ Cherry MX Browns and ANSI-US layout was available in CM's EU online store and I went there to check it out. But I was a little disappointed to find out about the shipping method / associated costs.

It turns out the only shipping option you guys have is via "USP International First Class" which was about 18€ to Portugal. I thought this was a little too expensive considering the keyboard (a TKL) and accessories probably weight less than 2kg.

But then I was lucky enough to be presented with a coupon code to use in the EU store. A guy from Reddit told me he had a coupon code he got from a meetup and offered me the coupon, no strings attached. The coupon value is 20€ so this completely covered the shipping for me (and then some).

I just ordered the board.

I can't wait to get my hands on my 1st RGB backlit mechanical and start messing with the lighting profiles. :happy7::happy2:

I have a black Vortex thick PBT/POM keyset that I plan on installing on this bad boy (and a couple artisans to go with it). Thanks Cooler Master for keeping making boards with Cherry MX switches instead of Kailh etc.. and putting standard bottom rows in the Pro L and Pro S. :happy9:

This is the keyboard I was looking for.

Edited by Ricardo Reis

GurtTractor    6

Hi, I have some feedback regarding my new Masterkeys Pro L, these are just some immediate thoughts based on my use so far:

Overall so far it's very nice :). I really like the clean and minimal design, and the RGB lighting seems to work really well.

I noticed that the cable routing slot in the middle out the back doesn't hold on to the braided cable very well, meaning it can slip out when moving the keyboard around or when it's raised on the flip-out legs, and the fact that it uses a micro USB port gives me some concern about durability. This is a fairly minor issue though. :)

The finish of the keycaps is quite smooth, which can be nice, though for gaming or other uses where you need to rest on some keys for a long time I've found the Keys to have a bit of sticky tacky feeling, I prefer the more chalky feel of PBT keycaps for these purposes.They are also somewhat easily marked by fingerprints. I really hope that more major manufacturers start using PBT for their keycaps, as they really are so much nicer, in terms of durability, feel, and acoustics.

The spacebar is really noticeably noisy, which is a real shame, as the rest of the keys are pretty good in terms of acoustics

The keyboard does have some BIOS incompatility it seems, as I'm unable to access it via the delete key on my Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI motherboard, I have to use the delete key on a spare keyboard for that, however once in the BIOS I am able to navigate with the Masterkeys.

Something I'm really not happy about at the moment is that the Masterkeys Pro software continues to run in the background and uses about 2-5% of my CPU all the time, which isn't really acceptable. I might be ok with 0.1-0.5%, but an average of 3% usage on my 6600k is bit bad, on much lower end systems it could noticeably affect performance and be a real problem. I assume it keeps running in order to continuously supply CPU usage and equalizer data to the keyboard, which is ok, but I would prefer it if there was an option to totally kill the software on exit. I can manually end the task which is ok, but a menu option would obviously be more convenient.

Regarding the lighting customisation:

The main thing that's bothering me right now is with the Single Key reactive mode; The single key press colour fades to black before immediately changing back to the the "Rest" colour of the whole keyboard. This means that as you type you can see your presses 'popping' back to the original colour, which draws the eye and is a bit distracting and annoying. It would be much nicer if it would gently merge back into the Rest colour instead. If this could be fixed or changed in an update soon I would be very happy! :)

The MultiLayer option could do with plenty of work too, I really wish that we could have the options for each effect available with this mode, i.e. being able to use the Rest and Key colours for the Single Key mode for a particular set of keys. It would be nice to be able to have more than one zone using the same effect too, like two different zones using different Static colours, or Colour Wave directions. Are there limitations with the keyboard's onboard memory or processing capacity that might prevent it having a more fully featured suite of customisations?

I've noticed that when using the Breath mode some colours will not remain equal as brightness increases/decreases. I have my arrow keys and escape key set to a yellow Breath in a multilayer setting on one of my profiles and sometimes the RGB LEDS seem to become 'desynced' and start to alternate between different colours.

A feature I think a lot of people would like to see is some kind of quick overall brightness adjustment, I think a good way to do this might be to add two Fn key functions that will raise or lower all three RGB sliders for every key at the same time. Maybe Fn + Up Arrow/Down Arrow? If this could be added via a firmware update that would be excellent, I've seen quite a few comments on various sites that are asking if there is a quick way to adjust the brightness, so i think this would be a welcome feature. Again I don't know if there are memory/CPU limitations that might get in the way of this.

I'm really looking forward to the release of the SDK, and I hope we'll be able to effectively make our own very custom profiles and link to various programs. I read something about Corsair's SDK -

"The WASD movement controls shine in a white hue, while each of your weapons keys shine green—until you run out of ammo, that is, at which point those keys turn red. The Function keys across the top of the keyboard appear red to mirror your in-game health bar, and slowly deplete as zombies bash at your brains, fading to black as your health does as well. Finally, all the keys flash red when you’re struck in-game."

I assume this kind of functionality will depend heavily on the games support for this kind of integration. For myself, I plan on trying to have functionality linked into some audio programs, such as Reaper, Ableton, etc.

I hope the SDK will be released soon! :)

Thank you.

• Upvote 2

Oberdiah    0

The main thing that's bothering me right now is with the Single Key reactive mode; The single key press colour fades to black before immediately changing back to the the "Rest" colour of the whole keyboard. This means that as you type you can see your presses 'popping' back to the original colour, which draws the eye and is a bit distracting and annoying. It would be much nicer if it would gently merge back into the Rest colour instead. If this could be fixed or changed in an update soon I would be very happy! :)

The MultiLayer option could do with plenty of work too, I really wish that we could have the options for each effect available with this mode, i.e. being able to use the Rest and Key colours for the Single Key mode for a particular set of keys. It would be nice to be able to have more than one zone using the same effect too, like two different zones using different Static colours, or Colour Wave directions. Are there limitations with the keyboard's onboard memory or processing capacity that might prevent it having a more fully featured suite of customisations?

I too, would love for better multilayer support and a nicer single-key color fade. If you scroll to the last page, you can read my post about that.

I, however, find that my CPU usage never goes above 0.2-0.4% when the masterkeys software is idle, but I have the equalizer and CPU modes disabled.

I'm also gonna back you on the SDK though, I think it would be amazing to have these features implemented, since there are many uses I can think of for a fully-customizable keyboard like this.

GurtTractor    6

Yeah I've just tried disabling the System Status mode in all the profiles and that seems to have solved the high CPU issue. It's a little annoying though as it would be nice to be able to have a profile spare for the Equalizer or CPU modes without it using as much 6-7% (quite a lot for an i5 6600k @4.5GHz!!).

I saw on the Reddit megathread that they're aiming to have the SDK released for May 31st which would be pretty sweet. :)   I think it's kind of needed for this keyboard to be going head to head with the Corsair RGB boards.

• Upvote 1

FruitLoop    8

Yeah I've just tried disabling the System Status mode in all the profiles and that seems to have solved the high CPU issue. It's a little annoying though as it would be nice to be able to have a profile spare for the Equalizer or CPU modes without it using as much 6-7% (quite a lot for an i5 6600k @4.5GHz!!).

I saw on the Reddit megathread that they're aiming to have the SDK released for May 31st which would be pretty sweet. :)   I think it's kind of needed for this keyboard to be going head to head with the Corsair RGB boards.

I'm looking forward to the SDK release. Ordered a Pro S just yesterday and I'm pumped to get my hands on it. :P

Pclinde    197

Hi, I have some feedback regarding my new Masterkeys Pro L, these are just some immediate thoughts based on my use so far:

Overall so far it's very nice :). I really like the clean and minimal design, and the RGB lighting seems to work really well.

Thank you.

Hi GurtTractor,

Wow! That's a lot of feedback. :D Thanks for sharing buddy! We will definitely use information like this for future updates / products. :)

Cheers, Pim

FruitLoop    8

I got my Masterkeys Pro S in this past Friday and I've been experimenting with the software. Big thumbs up to Cooler Master for creating an user-friendly software. I've set it to portuguese and I think I've already figured out what most options do. The possibilities are almost endless. :D

The keyboard feels very sturdy and well built and there was no noticeable flex on the case when I tried to bend it. It's also rather heavy for it's compact size. I was very pleased with this.

Here's a couple of profiles I created today:

OGMjMxu.jpg5FDO4lk.jpgIg2UYY5.jpgPwm8dxI.jpg

I had to at least give a go at creating my country's flag to display on the board, and I think I've more or less succeeded. :D

I live in Portugal btw.

P.S. - Try to find the missing keycap. Massdrop fucked up and sent me a double '''' / '' keycap and another cap is missing. :(

I've already send them a support ticked to see if they can send me the missing keycap. I've heard that they're usually rather nice and understanding with this kind of situation.

I hope I'm lucky.