CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

Zax    1
On 4/8/2017 at 6:45 AM, Himari said:

Hi guys, I'm thinking about to to release the tool I develop last year for MasterKey RGB profile, since CM currently have no plan to update software related to custom RGB profile.
So I thought it will be a good idea to release the tool I build for people who want to create they own lighting effect but have no idea how to deal with C++ SDK.
The tool itself is still being the same state as last year(not polished, and some function are be not implement).
It current support static, dynamic, reactive effect. Reactive effect's position, scale, color tone can react to keypress, number of key pressed, variable(CPU/GPU temperature, CSGO Health/Armor for now). Work on MasterKey Pro S/M(which I own).

Need some feedback from you guys to determine should I continue the development or not.

short video demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_T1PFwTq8

58e8639cb8421_2017-04-0812-08-37.thumb.png.59a89deeabfb1d1ac7c76f484e0cae27.png

Please, please keep working on this. The CM software is awful and I frankly can't believe they're satisfied with it.

Mystik    3
On 8.4.2017 at 7:45 AM, Himari said:

Hi guys, I'm thinking about to to release the tool I develop last year for MasterKey RGB profile, since CM currently have no plan to update software related to custom RGB profile.
So I thought it will be a good idea to release the tool I build for people who want to create they own lighting effect but have no idea how to deal with C++ SDK.
The tool itself is still being the same state as last year(not polished, and some function are be not implement).
It current support static, dynamic, reactive effect. Reactive effect's position, scale, color tone can react to keypress, number of key pressed, variable(CPU/GPU temperature, CSGO Health/Armor for now). Work on MasterKey Pro S/M(which I own).

Need some feedback from you guys to determine should I continue the development or not.

short video demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_T1PFwTq8

58e8639cb8421_2017-04-0812-08-37.thumb.png.59a89deeabfb1d1ac7c76f484e0cae27.png

Very nice! Like others have said: Keep working on this, this looks far better than anything CM has created. :toothy8:

mang_1st    0

What about the RGB functionality on Linux? Is it possible to switch profiles, create new ones without the software? Also can the sdk be used on Linux too? Thanks.

Edited by mang_1st
additional info

This thread seems pretty dead but I figure ill ask anyways. Anything think the Pro L will get the MX Speed switches? Second question, between the on board macro recording and app they provide would I be able to set two of the macro keys to volume up and down? I know it has a FN + key combo to do this but single key is too good

Accipiter    0

I have one suggestion that would make the media keys more pleasant to use.

Why not make the active profile and repeat rate key wait for ~1 second before flashing white?

It is annoying and ugly that they sometimes flash when adjusting the volume for example.

Chris Hill    0
On 1/24/2017 at 9:04 AM, Maowhree said:

I opened a support ticket @CM Fanzone, here's my inquiry and reply from the CM support:

Hi, I bought this keyboard partly because it was heavily marketed as a keyboard which offered many ways to customize the lighting effects and patterns etc through software (as the makerhub suggests). As of now, though, there is no way to properly configure such 'profiles' in the software and can only run user programmed .exe files. The SDK has been released but it is pretty much unusable and the documentation is broken (not a single word in english inside). Is the software ever going to be updated? Almost one year has passed since release and there has been NO WORD on this matter whatsoever and generally a shameful lack of communication / post-purchase support on your part.

Dear Maurizio, Thank you for your inquiry. We are sorry to hear that you are not so satisfied with keyboard. Unfortunately are there no plans at the moment to release a software update for this. We however will pass your feedback to our keyboard product manager. On our MakerHub wwebsite, there is all the information available for the SDK. http://makerhub.coolermaster.com/custom-lighting/ If you have any other question please let us know. Kind regards, Cooler Master support

I leave any kind of consideration to you,

Have a good day! :)

Sad thing is - I JUST got my Masterkeys Pro L RGB and I'll be returning it tomorrow. I'm so insanely disappointed by the software and customization options - I was sold a BIG promise of amazing software behind an amazing keyboard, and although I LOVE the hardware, the software (the SDK, .exe profiles, etc...) just leaves too much to be desired.

Erkan    0

I developed a small application with c# at the weekend. If anyone interested in, github address below.

It's just only for L version.

Source Code:

https://github.com/ealkanat/coolermaster-knight-rider-effect

Download:

https://github.com/ealkanat/coolermaster-knight-rider-effect/releases

image.png.de4e2653edd77df14f2c9f53832456ce.png

Edited by Erkan
Update info

Mohd Noh    29
11 hours ago, Erkan said:

It's just only for L version.

Awesome , i will test this :)