CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

kartana    5
On 1/12/2017 at 10:12 PM, kartana said:

I just bought the Masterkeys Pro S and the F7 and F9 keys swap colors when I open the software. Whenever I open the software to change colors, it swaps the colors of the F7 key to the F9 key and vice versa. Latest FW and Software. German version of the keyboard.

This happens if I have F5-F8 one color and F9-F12 a different one. If I have only F7 a different one it changes it to the color the other F keys have without transferring the color to F9.

This is actually fixed with version 1.00 it seems. Thanks CM!

• Upvote 1

FruitLoop    8
1 hour ago, khemist said:

6e41fk.jpg

Masterkeys S with new keycaps.

The end result came out pretty well, I like it. :)

May I ask where did you got those keycaps from? Massdrop perhaps?

khemist    3
7 hours ago, FruitLoop said:

The end result came out pretty well, I like it. :)

May I ask where did you got those keycaps from? Massdrop perhaps?

Google Tai Hao PBT backlit Rain Drop, you should find them ok.

• Upvote 1

Himari    4

Hi guys, I'm thinking about to to release the tool I develop last year for MasterKey RGB profile, since CM currently have no plan to update software related to custom RGB profile.
So I thought it will be a good idea to release the tool I build for people who want to create they own lighting effect but have no idea how to deal with C++ SDK.
The tool itself is still being the same state as last year(not polished, and some function are be not implement).
It current support static, dynamic, reactive effect. Reactive effect's position, scale, color tone can react to keypress, number of key pressed, variable(CPU/GPU temperature, CSGO Health/Armor for now). Work on MasterKey Pro S/M(which I own).

Need some feedback from you guys to determine should I continue the development or not.

short video demo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37_T1PFwTq8

58e8639cb8421_2017-04-0812-08-37.thumb.png.59a89deeabfb1d1ac7c76f484e0cae27.png

• Upvote 4

Maowhree    5

I really really like your approach and I would be happy to try it myself.

However, I have a few questions:
It is not accessing the firmware in any way, there's no risk of making the keyboard unstable or anything, it is just a graphical user interface to the SDK, right?

I may apply as a beta tester if you need any and give you feedback on the software if you release it, the question is if you are willing to further develop the tool if a bug or a glitch occurs. If that's the case, please do. Otherwise, I believe it would just make things worse.

Edited by Maowhree

Himari    4
On 2017/4/8 at 9:50 PM, Maowhree said:

I really really like your approach and I would be happy to try it myself.

However, I have a few questions:
It is not accessing the firmware in any way, there's no risk of making the keyboard unstable or anything, it is just a graphical user interface to the SDK, right?

I may apply as a beta tester if you need any and give you feedback on the software if you release it, the question is if you are willing to further develop the tool if a bug or a glitch occurs. If that's the case, please do. Otherwise, I believe it would just make things worse.

Tool come with a profile editor and a profile reader, editor generate "effect.json" profile than profile reader apply the effect through official SDK according to profile and user input.

Profile reader don't have access to keyboard firmware, so no need to worry about tool screw up your firmware setting.

The profile editor itself is a web app which can be pack as desktop app by using framework like Electron, or it can be host on server make it easy to view/fork/share others' RGB profile(like Codepen for keyboard lighting effect).