CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

Corrado    1

Received my Masterkeys Pro S about a week ago.

I have only one complaint about the keyboard, same as many others.

Just an example:

Base color: green.

On keypress color: purple.

After the key is pressed, the LED doesn't go gradually back to green but behaves like this:

Purple -> Off -> Suddenly back to Green.

This is very, very jarring to see.

Can we be more vocal about this firmware issue? Could a CM community manager tell us if there is a fix on the way?

I;m loving everything else about the keyboard, but this weird behaviour has to change :/.

Take care.

• Upvote 1

Bambucha    7

Received my Masterkeys Pro S about a week ago.

I have only one complaint about the keyboard, same as many others.

Just an example:

Base color: green.

On keypress color: purple.

After the key is pressed, the LED doesn't go gradually back to green but behaves like this:

Purple -> Off -> Suddenly back to Green.

This is very, very jarring to see.

Can we be more vocal about this firmware issue? Could a CM community manager tell us if there is a fix on the way?

I;m loving everything else about the keyboard, but this weird behaviour has to change :/.

Take care.

Me and a couple of others are saying this for almost a month now and the only response was:

"Thanks for sharing your experience. I've forwarded this post."

And that was two weeks ago.

The keyboard has a problem with nearly every lighting mode.

1. Reactive typing (base color -> (press) -> reactive color -> OFF??? -> INSTANTLY base color???) just why. It looks like :).
  2. Cross mode (same as 1.)
  3. Star mode (same as 1.) This one looks the worst of all.
  4. Rain drop (same as 1.)
  5. Color wave includes black (or OFF) instead of yellow. Why is that? It looks weird, since Color Cycle mode has Yellow, and it looks good.

When I sent support a message, they answered with that I should wait for the SDK and use it to fix my problems myself.

The SDK came out a couple of days ago and I am dissapointed.

I am a programmer. The SDK is not well put together (i know C, but its just too confusing, and there is no examples, also there is tons of chinese/japanese sorry, I dont know which one). Even if I would make a profile for myself, I would have to have a window open in order to use the profile. Also the window has to be in focus in order to work (at least for me), so the only window I could use my keyboard profile on is the window for the profile. Weird. In my opinion the SDK is useless in this form.

I think that the effects currently on the website should be open source, so people can look at them as reference to make their own effects.

I want this keyboard to be awesome. Hardware is, software needs some work, but not much (problems 1. to 4. need a simple and quick solution. The 5. one is already done in Color Cycle, so code just has to be copied from what I understand). Come on CoolerMaster fix this ASAP.

Edited by Bambucha
  • Upvote 2

FruitLoop    8

@Corrado and @Bambucha +1! It would be nice to see these "small" issues fixed.

I assume this could be fixed by a firmware or software update and I don't know why CM is leaving us in the dark... :(

Jayme    0

Hello,

I have had my MasterKeys Pro S for about a week now.. and I can honestly say I love it.

The overall feel is solid and the switches especially those with stabilizers (Spacebar), on other keyboards they would rattle and feel horrible when pressing although I don't get that with this keyboard which is great!

Although the only downside to this keyboard I have found is the lighting, when using certain modes the LEDs would switch off and back on as others have been talking about since the keyboard was released. I have tried using the MultiLayer feature with Star effect and raindrop although when both are enabled the keyboard doesn't seem to react, it just is black.

Aside all this, I was wondering if I were to replace the keycaps on this keyboard to maybe white keycaps... do they need to be specific sizes or? If so may someone link me to a website where I can purchase these.

Thank you in advance, hopefully the lighting fix is undergoing.

Jayme

Bambucha    7

Aside all this, I was wondering if I were to replace the keycaps on this keyboard to maybe white keycaps... do they need to be specific sizes or? If so may someone link me to a website where I can purchase these.

Hey!

The keycaps on masterkeys are standard Cherry keycaps (the ones who have a hole in the shape of a + on the bottom).

Pretty much all Cherry keycaps should fit perfectly. You only have to be careful of the enter key (which is 2 rows tall in some layouts) and the ALT, WIN, CTRL keys (these are normally one of three sizes -> 1 or 1.25 or 1.5 -> masterkeys uses 1.25 for all of them).

Some general info:

• There are 2 materials: ABS and PBT.. ABS is cheaper, but wears out over time (the top of the keycap becomes shiny and slippery to touch), PBS is more expensive but keeps the texture for a long time.
  • And there is many printing options: double-shot (letters are made of plastic, these never wear off and you cant feel them), printed (lasts long, but can wear off and you can slightly feel them)

Also you should note that if you want lighting to shine through the keycaps, they have to be specifically made for that. These are normally the most expensive. (search for backlight keycaps or illuminated keycaps).

You can get a lot of info on the mechanical keyboards subreddit wiki: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

I also found these keycaps, which would fit the masterkeys S (they are UK based, so shipping would be cheap for you) http://www.ukkeycaps.co.uk/product/tai-hao-abs-iso-white-with-black-legend-doubleshot-keycaps

Long post, but I had the time to write it haha :)

Cheers!

Dennis    1

im wondering why the custom lighting isnt a part of the keyboard software?

I have a masterkey pro s and I download a custom lighting effect on the website, but why cant we import the custom effect into the software as a profile?

Im opening another window just to get the custom effect :(

0cf9s3p.png

Edited by Dennis.Y
  • Upvote 1

schnitzol    0

im wondering why the custom lighting isnt a part of the keyboard software?

I have a masterkey pro s and I download a custom lighting effect on the website, but why cant we import the custom effect into the software as a profile?

Im opening another window just to get the custom effect :(

0cf9s3p.png

yeah i hope this app can import file to cm portal, i hope developer help us, 

sorry for my bad english

Martin    0

Where can I find a user guide explaining how to record macros and LED lights without using the "portal" software?

Edited by JMS