CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

FruitLoop    8

Hi guys, I was wondering if I could use a regular micro usb cable as a replacement for the Masterkeys Pro S's cable. I'm worry for the L shaped cable and the stress on it.

Yes, you can use pretty much any other micro USB to USB A cable you can find. I've ordered a custom cable for my Masterkeys Pro S myself (got it from PexonPCs).

It's working like a charm. :)

JLjVilM.jpgOAoRhdx.jpg

• Upvote 1

Bambucha    7

@Keith Duncan @Alejandro Loayza Barazorda

Any of the regular micro usb cables should work perfectly!

I have a white one from my phone, since it matches my desk better!

You can get the cables off Amazon or any other website (search for micro usb cable), or just use your phone's cable (if you have an android phone, it should come with an micro usb cable in the box).

Edited by bambucha
  • Upvote 1

@ Keith Duncan

Any of the regular micro usb cables should work perfectly!

I have a white one from my phone, since it matches my desk better!

You can get the cables off Amazon or any other website, or just use your phone's cable (if you have an android phone, it should come with an micro usb cable in the box).

Thank you very much for all your answers. I was exactly wondering if a phone cable will do the trick.

Mystik    3

Yes, you can use pretty much any other micro USB to USB A cable you can find. I've ordered a custom cable for my Masterkeys Pro S myself (got it from PexonPCs).

It's working like a charm. :)

Almost ordered the same custom cable, but then with shipping it would have been over 30€ so I settled for a black braided Anker cable from Amazon.de. About half the price compared to the custom cable, but I have to admit the custom cables PexonPCs make look awesome!

• Upvote 1

FruitLoop    8

Not only they look very nice but their cables are also great quality. :)

This one is really thick. I was very happy with how it turned out tbh.

CM is will be doing another giveaway (MasterKeys Pro L w/ custom Pexon cable) on Reddit. The keyboard was modded (I think the case was plasti or hidro-dipped, it looks sweet) and the cable looks very nice aswell.

Take a look at this beauty. :)

XvcC2u5.jpgLySaTEM.jpg

K.W.    0

Hi,

I'm looking for a new RGB keyboard and really amazed by the Masterkeys Pro L. I've read the complete topic but can't seem to find an answer to the following questions. Please don't be too harsh with me, cuz I'm really new to the topic of mechanical keyboards.

1) Is it possible to replace the keycaps? If so, what do i have to consider when buying keycaps considering size of the caps. I need to know if there is a chance that the keycaps will fit perfectly. Will there be original Coolermaster Keycaps for replacement in the future maybe? 

2) I've seen _massive_ complains about LEDs, that seem to be broken after several months while looking at the CM Quickfire series and spottet some not working LEDs in this thread considering the CM Masterkeys. What's going on there? Is Coolermaster aware of that problem and working on a solution, cuz it seems to be a hardware problem due to the massive amount of broken LED? Are the LEDs in the CM Masterkeys the same as the Quickfire LEDs (manufacturer)?

Nevertheless I'm dying to get my masterkeys L. Thank you very much :-)

Edited by K.W.

Bambucha    7

@K.M.

Hey!

1) MasterKeys uses Cherry MX switches, so all keycaps that are compatible with Cherry switches work. The only thing you have to look out for is the width of ALT, WIN and CTRL keys (there are multiple widths: 1, 1.25 and 1.5, MasterKeys uses 1.25). You can check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/index for more info and a list of stores. They really have a great wiki there!

2) I bought a MasterKeys S with MX browns a month ago, and the LEDs are really bright and reproduce colour very well. The only thing I dont like is the software. I have sent my complaints to CoolerMaster and they responded with "We forwarded your complaints to appropriate staff".. something like that. For an example of the stuff I really dislike, check out this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/wiki/index, especially this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRVxZSzuB2E

The problem is there only if you have your keyboard set to one of the "reactive effects" and you have a background colour set to something other than OFF (example: your keyboard is white, but when you press a key, you want it to turn orange.. what it does is WHITE-> (press)-> ORANGE-> OFF (here is the problem)-> instantly WHITE, what it should be WHITE-> (press)-> ORANGE-> fade to WHITE).

This is all I know about the LEDs on this keyboard.

All in all, the keyboard looks amazing and the build quality (at least on my keyboard) is top notch!

Have fun!

Edited by Jakob

K.W.    0

Thank you, that was really helpful, especially the Keycap thing.

@K.M.

The problem is there only if you have your keyboard set to one of the "reactive effects" and you have a background colour set to something other than OFF (example: your keyboard is white, but when you press a key, you want it to turn orange.. what it does is WHITE-> (press)-> ORANGE-> OFF (here is the problem)-> instantly WHITE, what it should be WHITE-> (press)-> ORANGE-> fade to WHITE).

Yes, I'm aware of that problem. It was mentioned several times in this thread, but i think it's a software problem, that could be fixed easily. 
What I actually meant are complaints about LEDs that turn off forever/break completly (happening already after several months). As i mentioned before that's a problem I saw massively discussed in the QUICKFIRE series. 
The only thing that bothers me is, that i already saw some broken (single) LED's in this topic in the CM MASTERKEYS keyboard. Is this an individual case / coincidence?
I mean it was discussed very intense in this forum: http://community.coolermaster.com/index.php/topic/12073-cm-storm-quick-fire-rapid-i-dead-led/ and i hope something happened to fix this, cuz it seemed like a hardware problem.
Maybe CM improved or changed the LED-manufacturer for the MASTERKEYS series after that.

Edited by K.W.

Bambucha    7

@K.M.

Well there always is a few % of defects, so in keyboards with 120+ LEDs there is always a small chance of an LED not working.

Also you should consider the fact, that people who bought a masterkeys and have a dead LED will a lot more likely post to forums than people who have a completely working keyboard.

Last year I received a broken fan on one of the air coolers, and they sent me a response and a new fan within a week, so I guess you have nothing to worry about, since their customer support seems fine to me..