CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

Jayme    0

Hoping to get my MasterKeys Pro S in MX Red soon... It's been marked as "Awaiting Shipment..." for the past 2-3 days so I am hoping it's already been sent although not yet updated.

Will report here once I receive my keyboard to see if I have any of the following problems others have stated previously.

Jayme

I got a problem with my keyboard 

Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L. Some keys have colours frozen on them, and I can't get rid of them. I tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing's working to get rid of it.... Is it a defect and should I have my keyboard replaced?
  • Upvote 1

Bambucha    7

Well i just got a response from the cooler master support. They said the behaviour (with reactive typing / stars going from reactive color to OFF then instantly to background color) is intended, so colors don't mix. And that we could fix this ourselves once the SDK comes out. 

As you can see, we were wrong (even though the effects look like :) right now) and have to fix the problems ourselves. This is just sad.

• Upvote 1

Jayme    0

I am honestly surprised you had a reply from them.

My order has been on "Awaiting shipment" for the past 3 days now, I have emailed and even called them and no response numerous amounts of times.

I have checked the website currently and to see that the keyboard I ordered MasterKeys Pro S in MX Red has now been removed from their EU store which means they no longer have stock or it was mistakenly uploaded.

I have requested a refund through email so I am able to purchase the keyboard elsewhere but it doesn't seem to me they're very responsive when it comes to contacting them.

Bambucha    7

I just checked on the website of the keyboard. There is a new download and a new firmware version: 1.2.0 available through the new driver software called portal.

I did not notice any difference in how the keyboard behaves.

@Jayme it took me 4-5 days to get a reply from them

Jayme    0

I just checked on the website of the keyboard. There is a new download and a new firmware version: 1.2.0 available through the new driver software called portal.

I did not notice any difference in how the keyboard behaves.

@Jayme it took me 4-5 days to get a reply from them

Great... I would have thought they'd be more responsive/helpful, but nope.

I guess I'll have to wait it out, I don't know whether I should order a keyboard from elsewhere or wait till they reply and/or send out my keyboard finally...

jb010    0

I got a problem with my keyboard 

Cooler Master Masterkeys Pro L. Some keys have colours frozen on them, and I can't get rid of them. I tried reinstalling the drivers but nothing's working to get rid of it.... Is it a defect and should I have my keyboard replaced?

Which keys? I just got the Pro L, and noticed that the SCR LK, PAUSE, PAGE UP, PAGE DOWN, END, and (num pad) 9 keys all are lit at what looks like level one red, and I can't change it. Tried resetting profiles in the software, and it doesn't help. This is with the latest software and firmware 1.20.

Bambucha    7

@John Bierwagen try plugging the keyboard directly on the computer you are using (on a USB port that is on the back of the tower). I had it on a hub and it did not work properly, since it did not get enough power. If you do have it that way currently, i have no idea, it might be a defective unit :(

jb010    0

@John Bierwagen try plugging the keyboard directly on the computer you are using (on a USB port that is on the back of the tower). I had it on a hub and it did not work properly, since it did not get enough power. If you do have it that way currently, i have no idea, it might be a defective unit :(

It's plugged directly into the PC. I just got it yesterday, so returning it isn't a problem, but it's a bummer either way.