CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

toxilox    7

Well basically this. It bothers me A LOT, I hope it gets fixed somehow soon..

Right now it works this (with reactive mode and background set to something other than OFF)

background color -> key press -> reactive color -> fade to OFF -> INSTANTLY background color

Why does it go to OFF then INSTANTLY to background color?

I think it should be like this:

background color -> key press -> reactive color -> fade to background color

Other than that i am loving the keyboard! I got the S version, because I want to force myself to type on the number row instead of the numpad (gotta get to 100+ wpm).

This is true for all modes with a background color :/

They're basically unusable, it looks like :).

Jayme    0

Hey,

I purchased the MasterKeys Pro S in MX Red yesterday, hoping it to be delivered in the next few days! (From the EU store)

Do all MasterKeys keyboards have these problems... or only the S model?

Bambucha    7

@Jayme Well probably all of them, since they use the same software...

It shouldnt be a hard fix for CoolerMaster though, they got cycling trough colors already, they just gotta implement it to the reactive typing :P

Reactive typing with background color OFF (so only the pressed keys are lit) works perfectly.

• Upvote 1

FruitLoop    8

I've noticed this issue aswell. Since it looks like something software related I'm assuming it should be easy to fix via a firmware / software update, no?

Would be nice if a rep from CM could give us a more clear answer here.

FruitLoop    8

There has been previous posts saying there should have been some new software around the time of Computex, guess there's a bit of a delay...

I thought that this new software was the SDK release. I hope they update the official software (the ones you can download on each keyboard's page) too.

This is something that should be fixed or at least improved.

GurtTractor    6

Argh ok... I've now seen the other thread with the link in it for the SDK page (http://maker.coolermaster.com/lighting-creation/). I had no idea it had been released already, the main page for the keyboard hasn't changed since I bought it. Searching for "Masterkeys Pro SDK" doesn't get that lighting creation page either. I think the SDK should be listed on the product downloads section so people can actually find it.

Looking forward to checking it out now :)

• Upvote 1

Bambucha    7

@GurtTractor

That's awesome! Too bad I don't really get anything there is in the sdk haha.

But if i download a lightning script and run it, it only works when i have the exe file open. It reverts to what i had on before when i close it.. I guess it runs on your PC and not on the keyboard itself, which is kind of a bummer...

Its the weekend currently, so I doubt we will get any replies soon :(     I just want the reactive typing fix asap...

• Upvote 1

GurtTractor    6

Yeah I noticed that you had to leave the .exe open, I hoping that more custom effects could be upoaded to the keyboard's memory, or at least to the Cooler Master Masterkeys' software which runs in the background... Will that be a possibility at some point? Would be really nice.....

• Upvote 1