CM Bram

MasterKeys Pro L and S - Mega Thread

Jayme    0

Hey,

I received my MasterKeys Pro L in MX Browns the other day although I had to return it sadly due to the Spacebar being unresponsive at times and also extremely loud.

Apart from the Spacebar issue... the keyboard was very clean/minimal with a strong build quality.

I would recommend this keyboard to anyone wanting to buy a RGB mechanical keyboard, I am personally going to wait till the MX Blue version is released (hopefully soon)

Jayme

FruitLoop    8

I've got this problem too. In the LED mode "Customize", I can't set the color for the Enter key and the setting for the tilde key is ignored. (well since I have nordic layout the key is §½ and not tilde, but it's in the same position). The keys light up in other modes.

Did you solve it?

Nope.

A user from a forum I often frequent (Zwame, it's a portuguese forum about PC related stuff, videogames etc..) found a "temporary solution" to the non-customizable tilde and enter keys. He owns a MasterKeys Pro S in ISO-PT layout and he found a way to fix this issue.

Here's a workaround that should enable those two keys to be personalized with the rest of the keyboard:

"I found the issue, it's a problem with the software resolution.

They have 3 skins for 3 resolutions, and since I have a 1440p monitor the software applies the 1920x1080 resolution, if you have a 1080p screen the software mistakenly assumes you're on 1366x768 etc.

The bug is located in "EU\KeyboardButtons.xml" in the 1920x1080 skin, the settings aren't right.

To those who have a 1440p+ monitor just edit the "Skins\1920x1080\EU\KeyboardButtons.xml" file in Admin mode / with Admin privileges (or copy the file to the desktop, change it from there and then copy/paste it back in the original folder).

Code:
<BUTTON_17>',23,112,41,45,0,0</BUTTON_17>
passa a
<BUTTON_17>' TILDE,23,112,41,45,0,0</BUTTON_17>

and

Code:
<BUTTON_46>ENTER,855,172,69,105,13,52</BUTTON_46>
passa a
<BUTTON_47>ENTER,855,172,69,105,13,52</BUTTON_47>

This was all roughly translated from portuguese to english by me, so sorry if it's not too clear to understand. From what I understand, this "bug" is only found under a couple specific monitor resolutions (the ones he noted in his original post at least) and in the ISO layouts software (I assume this might be present with every ISO Pro S, regardless of the layout, PT, ES, FR, UK, IT etc etc.., but I'm not sure).

Afaik CM already knows about this issue (thanks to "toxilox" for reporting the bug) and they will probably fix this in a future software update. :)

I hope this helped!

Edited by Ricardo Reis
  • Upvote 1

toxilox    7

A user from a forum I often frequent (Zwame, it's a portuguese forum about PC related stuff, videogames etc..) found a "temporary solution" to the non-customizable tilde and enter keys. He owns a MasterKeys Pro S in ISO-PT layout and he found a way to fix this issue.

Here's a workaround that should enable those two keys to be personalized with the rest of the keyboard:

"I found the issue, it's a problem with the software resolution.

They have 3 skins for 3 resolutions, and since I have a 1440p monitor the software applies the 1920x1080 resolution, if you have a 1080p screen the software mistakenly assumes you're on 1366x768 etc.

The bug is located in "EU\KeyboardButtons.xml" in the 1920x1080 skin, the settings aren't right.

To those who have a 1440p+ monitor just edit the "Skins\1920x1080\EU\KeyboardButtons.xml" file in Admin mode / with Admin privileges (or copy the file to the desktop, change it from there and then copy/paste it back in the original folder).

Code:
<BUTTON_17>',23,112,41,45,0,0</BUTTON_17>
passa a
<BUTTON_17>' TILDE,23,112,41,45,0,0</BUTTON_17>

and

Code:
<BUTTON_46>ENTER,855,172,69,105,13,52</BUTTON_46>
passa a
<BUTTON_47>ENTER,855,172,69,105,13,52</BUTTON_47>

This was all roughly translated from portuguese to english by me, so sorry if it's not too clear to understand. From what I understand, this "bug" is only found under a couple specific monitor resolutions (the ones he noted in his original post at least) and in the ISO layouts software (I assume this might be present with every ISO Pro S, regardless of the layout, PT, ES, FR, UK, IT etc etc.., but I'm not sure).

Afaik CM already knows about this issue (thanks to "toxilox" for reporting the bug) and they will probably fix this in a future software update. :)

I hope this helped!

That is definitely a better workaround than the one I found.

Thanks a lot for sharing this! <3 

It will be easy for CM to fix it.

Jayme    0

Hey,

Is there any updated info regarding the release dates of the MasterKeys series L and S in MX Red and MX Blue switches in US-Layout?

I am wanting to purchase both boards although neither of them are available in stores online eg: Amazon, Scan.

Thank you in advance,

Jayme

CM Bram    37

Hey,

Is there any updated info regarding the release dates of the MasterKeys series L and S in MX Red and MX Blue switches in US-Layout?

I am wanting to purchase both boards although neither of them are available in stores online eg: Amazon, Scan.

Thank you in advance,

Jayme

I see you are located in UK but you are requesting US layout? 

Which specific model (L or S) are you looking for in MX Blue's? As for UK (and EU in general) the red switch should be available here and there.. MX Blue's is more difficult you might need to get from our US colleagues as so far we are not planning to introduce into the UK. 

I found a bug in MasterKeys Pro Model S. When the red key light is on in Dirt Rally, keyboard does not detect pressure correctly.

Can you please clarify on this error you are noticing? Only in Dirt Rally game and with the backlight on Red you are facing the issue of non detecting presses?

MrFoxRobert    0

Can you please clarify on this error you are noticing? Only in Dirt Rally game and with the backlight on Red you are facing the issue of non detecting presses?

After reinstalling MasterKeys Pro S software keyboard work again. :happy7: 

Jayme    0

I see you are located in UK but you are requesting US layout?

Which specific model (L or S) are you looking for in MX Blue's? As for UK (and EU in general) the red switch should be available here and there.. MX Blue's is more difficult you might need to get from our US colleagues as so far we are not planning to introduce into the UK.

Hey,

I do live in uk although I can't seem to find either model in MX Red, I have checked the EU store although it only says Pre-order only also if there are any problems with the keyboard it would be much more difficult returning it to you than to somewhere closer to me such as Amazon.

Would you be able to check if stock is available in either the L or S model in MX Red for me?

Thank you

Mystik    3

Loving my Pro S (Mx Brown)!

Can't wait for what creative ways people manage to use the SDK to.

Also a random question, I'm guessing either the processor or some power components (or both) are located in the right bottom corner of the keyboard as that part gets warm?

dZIKaTA.png

• Upvote 2

Bambucha    7

Regarding the lighting customisation:

The main thing that's bothering me right now is with the Single Key reactive mode; The single key press colour fades to black before immediately changing back to the the "Rest" colour of the whole keyboard. This means that as you type you can see your presses 'popping' back to the original colour, which draws the eye and is a bit distracting and annoying. It would be much nicer if it would gently merge back into the Rest colour instead. If this could be fixed or changed in an update soon I would be very happy! :)

Well basically this. It bothers me A LOT, I hope it gets fixed somehow soon..

Right now it works this (with reactive mode and background set to something other than OFF)

background color -> key press -> reactive color -> fade to OFF -> INSTANTLY background color

Why does it go to OFF then INSTANTLY to background color?

I think it should be like this:

background color -> key press -> reactive color -> fade to background color

Other than that i am loving the keyboard! I got the S version, because I want to force myself to type on the number row instead of the numpad (gotta get to 100+ wpm).