Robert Emerson

v8gts and memory question

guys i am looking for an answer to a Question.  And that simply is will the V8 GTS mounted on an AMD Chip Can i place a Memory Cooler on my memory beside the V8

I am lookijg at the G-Skills Turbulence III due to the fact that it is positionable and it has the aqbility to get down close to the memory sticks. 

Sunday Morning    177

Hi

Bad , No Space .. i dont think so that cant fit or suitable for your V8 GTS

If you're really concerned, I would recommend contacting support services via email // ticket // live chat and seeing what they say about it-- they should be able to tell you more definitively.

post-91870-0-33730900-1458692379_thumb.jpg

post-91870-0-36722800-1458692408_thumb.jpeg

Edited by 劉德�

Guys here is the information from the G-Skills website the 3 can change air flow angle 

http://www.gskill.com/en/product/ftb-3500c5-dr

based on the information on the site. is the reason I am asking

Quote from Web site

Large CPU heatsink in the way? Just change the airflow angle!

Sometimes perpendicular 90° airflow just isn’t ideal. What if a large CPU heatsink is in the way? What if the wires in my case are blocking the airflow? What if…? There are too many possibilities in life. Turbulence III is designed to be flexible for your memory cooling needs and capable of adapting to each situation.

Sunday Morning    177

Hey man

I think would better if you just direct contact  G-Skill and CM support services ...

Edited by Mohd Noh

It'll be tight.  And even if you are able to fit it in, doubtful the full force of those fans will be directed at the memory modules.  Also, you will need to contend with the additional noise.

Are you overclocking to wits' end?  If you aren't on the OC cutting edge, I don't see how the cooler would be the way to go.  The airflow from the V8 may be sufficient to keep the modules cool enough?

You could always purchase it and then return it if you absolutely can't get it to fit.

I agree fellows this was only a thought

I am still new to all of this originally here was my thoughts on this when i came across it . first thought this looks neat. 2nd this is a good idea  and 3rd do i need it

so I was not sure if these two items would work together which is why i asked in the first place.  I was not sure if i needed this thing and the answer to that question is probably no. in answer to above no i plan to do no overclocking of anything on my system i prefer to keep everything stock..  The noise end of this does not bother me as i am hard of hearing  so i don't hear it. 

This computer will be pretty much my last build so i plan on doing it right so if i wind up with overkill so be it

here is the specs for the planned build

1. AS Rock Fatality 990FX Motherboard

2. AMD FX-8350 4GHZ Processor

3. Cooler Master V8 GTS CPU Cooler for these reasons: 1 The Looks/ 2. I have had too many Stock Coolers crash and cause me issues/ 3. The Theme of the Cooler master HAF 932 Case. and lastly Performance I replaced a stock cooler with the V6 and it worked till the system was comprimised by two male cats

4, Memory modules at this point is up in the air I am waiting for Patriot to let me know or replace the sticks however it will be 4 8Gig Sticks for a Grand total of 32 Gigs of memory at the 1600 MHZ Speed.

6. Sapphire R9-390 Graphics Card 8 Gigs of Memory and a possibility of Crossfiring a pair of them at a later date

7. An Ultra X-4 950 Watt Totally Modular Power Supply which will be replaced with a Cooler Master V1200 When I can

8 All of this is housed in a Cooler Master HAF-932  Advanced Case with Stock 230mm Fans and the Addition of 3 120 MM Fans the first additional fan goes to the bottom of the case in front of the Power Supply pushing up / The Second One goes into the Bracket that goes over the Video Card and Thirdly the last one is placed on the upper 5.25 Drive bays to help with the Airflow

So Guys this is my Build with all of this i did not know if i would need a memory Cooler or not and if i did Would it fit

here is why is asked. I want to thank each and every one who responded