Sign in to follow this  
chercm

centurion 5 does not secure the cd rom

chercm    0

i need some help here

how come my centurion 5 have does not hold my cd rom securely ? after locked it ,how come it can still move?

pls advice on what to do ?

darude_boy    0

I am currently building a system using the centurion 5 case and i would recommend using screws to secure drives in the 5.25 bay slots. The quick release locking mechanism doesnt give u as much "hold" as screws :)

bronney    0

Yeah I had that problem but I managed it.

The trick is, the locks only works in 1 position. Sometimes though, this means your cd rom would stick out a teeny bit from the front surface (1mm). When you find the sweetspot, the cdrom does lock into place and I can't move it with force.

To test whether you have it on the "sweetspot" there're 2 things you can do:

1. get a flash light and shine thru the holes in the locking mech while you adjust.

2. if you arrived and locked, the little secondary "slide lock" should click into place. If you missed it, that little sucker never clicks.

Play with the other locks below and see what I mean by clicks. Good luck :) (I got this case specifically for the locking thing, wee no screws!)

Zor    0

or you can do what I did pull the tap for the lock forward and slide the cd-rom in and out until it locks

bronney    0

Not to be a fanboy here but it's not exactly a "problem". It's just that we all got used to having the cdrom face PERFECTLY flushed with the front with adjustable screw rails.

The mechanism of the lock only allows 1 position, and depending on the cd-rom manufacturers' decision on the placement of holes, different brands will have different fit.

derekliu    0
if i am having problem with the drive bay , can i send the casing to the local distributor for repair ?

i am from Singapore

maybe u can giv ban leong a call since they r CM distro...ask them abt ur prob....then see can send anot