Sign in to follow this  
wayne

My First Mod!

wayne    0

100_01699.jpg

This is not the best pic but here it is.

This is my first mod!

My case is a Praetorian.

I have added a CoolerMaster 120mm Blue LED fan directly over my Prescott processor.

A standard grill was added with a mesh screen and than the fanwas added with a filter on the backside.

The job was done on a milling machine. A pilot hole was drilled and than all coordinates were inputed into the machines' computer. The panel was than clamped to the machine and the mill was started. All milling operations were totally automatic and the result was a perfect hole without a scratch or a nick in the panel. All edges were perfectly smooth.

100_0160.jpg

By adding the CM side fan and neating up my wiring I have lowered the temps of my Prescott by 10 degrees!

I'm pleased. This is my first computer and it still needs work but I feel it's not bad for a first build.

1.jpg

wayne    0

thanks for the kind comments.

This is a work in progress. The pictures I have do not do it justice. All fans are blue CM LED's and the power supply is an Antec Trueblue 480. It looks quite nice all lit up.

I have a little more work with the wiring although most wiring is hidden fairly well. All the wiring has been removed from the bottom of the case. I still need to move the speaker.

The case is pretty well dustproofed. I have ordered Paxmate Noise dampening material and I will install it this weekend along with some blocks between the hard drives.

With the basics taken care of I can start adding a few more components such as a Combo Optical drive, a tv card and a led display.

And since there is no window in this case I will be adding a little surprise - A door peeper to allow you can look drectly into my case. The one I have has excellent optics, twice the size of most, a 160 field of view and is totally adjustable so it can be pointed wherever you like.

I will also be changing my case feet. The feet I will use will be twice as high as most, machined aluminum and come to a point (this is to minilize vibrations) I will than add some blue tubes under the case for bling.

Thats it for now.

wayne    0

10 degrees difference on the prescott processor and 7 to 8 on the motherboard. These are idle temps.