clamatac

Cooler Master silencio 352 --> CPU Coolers

clamatac    0

Hi,

first of all sorry for my English.

I am thinking about making a new pc with a COOLER MASTER SILENCIO 352 case/tower.

I have read that the CPU cooler has to be less than 155 mm length. I also have read (in the ga-h81h-s2h motherboard) that it can not weight more than 450 gr.

With this limitations I do not have clear which cooler masters cpu cooler I can use.

Reading the specs of the cpu-coolers, I see different dimensions , different weights Can you tell me for sure which cpu-coolers from the "Hyper Series" can I use?

Thanks in advance

That case looks standard width, so I'd imagine any of the Hyper series coolers will fit.  If you check on each of the coolers on this site, it will give you a height measurement.  For example, the Hyper D92 is 145mm tall - and that one looks like the biggest.

As for weight - air coolers are typically copper core/heatpipe/aluminum fins - so I think you would be hard pressed to hit a 450g limit (the D92 is a little below, at 448g).  I'd ensure you have a cooler with a backplate mounting scheme, which looks the case of all the Hyper series with the exception of the TX3 EVO.

Mohd Noh    179

Hi

Welcome to CM forum,

May i know kind specs you have ?

i check some of hyper class have 3 or 4 unit can fit into Silencio 352

clamatac    0

hi,

for what I have seen, I have just 1 option that fits the height and weight limit, and that is:

Hyper TX3 EVO

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-tx3-evo/

from TX3 Evo, I don't like the way it is fixed to the motherboard (with no blackplate), and the TX3 EVO bracket-version is not available for me.

Other option, with 500 + 80 gr (more than 450 gr limit) but with black-plate fixing method is the Hyper 103

http://www.coolermaster.com/cooling/cpu-air-cooler/hyper-103/

I really don't know what to do. I don't like the fixing way of the TX3 EVO, but the weight of the Hyper 103 afraid me.

PD: sorry for my english :(

Mohd Noh    179

Hi

If iam not mistake total weight for the Hyper 103  as below

Fan weight  80g + Heat sink weight 500g =  580g 

how about CM hyper 101 ? 

clamatac    0

Hi

If iam not mistake total weight for the Hyper 103  as below

Fan weight  80g + Heat sink weight 500g =  580g 

how about CM hyper 101 ? 

not available from seller

Mohd Noh    179

not available from seller

ouch .. this very hard ... 

Have other way ... is ..I think would be better if you just direct contact CM support services via live chat or submit the ticket .. probably they have solution for you regarding stock available in your place.

I have seen many Hyper 212's mounted on mobo's in tower cases; as far as I can tell, there hasn't been any problems.  The backplate should be able to distribute the load to prevent it from having a problem.

Other than switching to the 101, which you say isn't available - you best check with CM, or even with Gigabyte.  You should be fine with the 103; have the manufacturers confirm.  Good luck!