Jayce Lou

Seidon 120V Plus installation doubt

Jayce Lou    0

I've bought a Seidon 120V Plus. While waiting for its arrival I have some question to ask regarding installation of the cooler.

1. Pushing air into the radiator or pulling air out through the radiator. Any different and which is better efficiency?

2. P
ump connector should be plug into SYS_FAN or PWR_FAN? I understand that PWR_FAN provide constant power and has no control over it, so would any durability deficiency issue (pump) if works constantly?

Thanks.

Sunday Morning    174

Hi Jayce

Wellcome to CM forum

Answer for question no2 as below

http://postimg.org/image/v9tzpgo61/

http://postimg.org/image/jlzxuwz15/

Most of pump connector is connect to Cpu fan Header

For no1 my suggestion as below

Try make it dual fans for more performance :)

My opinion is blow out the air ... but you can try both side .. and see how ( if you free )  :)

Hope this can help you 

Jayce Lou    0

Thanks for sharing. However, at first glance, it is quite confuse. I have to thoroughly compare between these two picture to understand what is happening.

I can see that you are connecting the pump to the CPU_FAN header. I'm just wondering are there a temperature sensor for the pump? Because from what I can see, it has only 3 pin and how is the motherboard working without temperature sensing?

Secondly, why aren't you using PWM fan? Because I don't see the forth pin.

Sunday Morning    174

Hi

Here is picture .. New

Front Fan Connect to Sys Fan Header No1

Second Fan Connect to System Fans Header No2

You can connect any 3 pin connector to a 4 pin header and it will still function the same.This is not an issue

Below is my New Setup Last 2 week ago

post-91870-0-68959100-1457183099_thumb.jpg

post-91870-0-30618100-1457182954_thumb.jpg

Today we have alot of software out there able to check our system fans , temp and many more ...  with my Gigabyte Board im able to adjust the pump speed or fans Speed ... and at the same time iam able to check my pump temp.

Here is my Gigabyte :

H/W Monitoring
  1. System voltage detection
  2. CPU/System/Chipset temperature detection
  3. CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed detection
  4. CPU/System overheating warning
  5. CPU/CPU OPT/System fan fail warning
  6. CPU/CPU OPT/System fan speed control

Hope this can help you.

Edited by Mohd Noh Tanjong

A Malaysian member.

What I'll do is, ditch the original fan, get 2 Sickleflow from lelong(score them for rm22 each where most places are selling for rm27), then get the 1 to 2 splitter  cable, you shall not run the push-pull configuration with different speed as this will affect the air flow.

To answer your question, there's no absolute answer as your casing matters. Running the pump or motor at fixed speed actually will improve the lifespan, if the speed are being regulated, it may shorten the lifespan of the motor.

If want better cooling, install the cooler infront is the best way since this is the place that you will be getting cool air.

Jayce Lou    0

A Malaysian member.

What I'll do is, ditch the original fan, get 2 Sickleflow from lelong(score them for rm22 each where most places are selling for rm27), then get the 1 to 2 splitter  cable, you shall not run the push-pull configuration with different speed as this will affect the air flow.

To answer your question, there's no absolute answer as your casing matters. Running the pump or motor at fixed speed actually will improve the lifespan, if the speed are being regulated, it may shorten the lifespan of the motor.

If want better cooling, install the cooler infront is the best way since this is the place that you will be getting cool air.

Thanks for the tips, will look into it.

One thing I wanna point out from what I'd read and watched, adding extra fan could merely bring down 1 or 2 degree, not much of help though. Doesn't really justify for the cost of the fan and electricity, also the noise its produce.

Edited by Jayce Lou

Thanks for the tips, will look into it.

One thing I wanna point out from what I'd read and watched, adding extra fan could merely bring down 1 or 2 degree, not much of help though. Doesn't really justify for the cost of the fan and electricity, also the noise its produce.

Well, you are right on this, 2 19dBA fans will yield about 20-24dBA of noise, still better than the original fan at max speed which is noisier.

That's why even I bought the Silverstone AR03 CPU cooler, the fan I never use and use 2 Sickleflow instead, I prefer fixed speed(in this case max cooling all the time) and the flow are higher than SIlverstone's fan. Now my AMD FX-8320(stock clock settings) are giving temperature of 40-43°C for normal browsing during day time with ambient temperature of 30-33°C and maxed out at 55°C.

Fans included stock with radiators are normally designed for high static pressure - so you should mount them in a "push" configuration.  Adding a "pull" fan should help in most instances, but your call if you want to spend the extra $ and deal with a little bit more noise.  Same with replacing fans - there are better fans out there, but it comes down with the money you want to spend.  Out of the box, stock - the Seidons do a good enough job for normal duty and decent overclocks.

I echo the pump comment made by Heng KengYan - the pumps should be connected to a constant, full speed PWM signal from a four-pin header.