Sign in to follow this  
jonathan

few things wrong about the cooldrive4/cm stack(image incl)

Hybrid-Mods    0

That problem is outragouse, Looks slick.

Hopefully they can get it fixed.

Or you can fix it your self.. get a drill out :D

jonathan    0

lol drill ? I dont understand why its like this ... its from the same company thats why i bought it so there would be no compatibility issues ;d Will the new cooldrive have the same problems ? I tried to send it back from where i bought it but they shockingly dont return emails :roll:

I just read the review and he was exactly right

Cons

- Warning signal (when fan not connected)

- Doesn’t fit in all cases

- Price

Im not much worried about the price if it worked right ;( It cost me $50

Hybrid-Mods    0

I have a idea.. not sure if it will work or not. but here it goes

fix.jpg

Could you move the screws circled in orange to the spots with a orange arrow beside them? If so, you would get it in there correctly. Unless those screws are holding something.. *Not sure*

Well atleast half the screws..

jonathan    0

i thought about that but then the back screws wouldent line up and it would prolly be falling towards the back end and yes those screws are holding the faceplate in i think heh. Im still lost as to why they made it like that maybe someone made a wrong measurement somewhere ? lol

Hybrid-Mods    0

I Don't know, i guess a wrong measurement, maybe bad inches to metric conversion?

I figured i would take a shot at helpin you out. :D

Ron    1

The way you get the best result is do it like this:

cooldrivestacker.jpg

After you removed the screw you can use the hole to mount the part from the CMStacker.

Hey jonathan...i have the same issue when I first install the stacker here. I will post pic of how i solved it. give me a little time.

Gary    0

Have you tried to mount cooldrive with screws instead of using the rail?

2 screws in the forward most holes on each side should securly mount the unit.

Compusmart    0
ok I could see where there was a problem in the 1st place with the beeping but like I said I have a lot of hds I want to have with the hd cooler so how could I give them all cpu fans to connect ? and I still dont know how to fit the thing into the case .. the wires I think you are talking about in the 1st place were never really an issue because the cm stacker has a lot of those removable grilles that u can make room for. I circled what I thought u were talkin about. The screw holes dont seem to line up at all and I have a picture comparing something that fits in the stacker to something that doesnt (the cooldrive). I would like to know if anyone has fit it into the stacker because it has different holes for screwing stuff in . most cases leave more room for different screw configs the cm only has small holes for only 1 type of screw config and it doesnt seem to fit. Where that big screw is. is where the holes for the cooldrive are.

coold1.JPG

Thanks for all the help attempts guys :)

see the first Botom screw holding the controler, take them out and install the rails in the stock holes put the bay in and line the first screw holes with the side of the case it will than fit... all you need it the one screw on each side to hold it in...

trust me i know my stacker is fully loaded

check my site http://laffy.simple-net.ca