Zilio

Cooler Master Nepton 240m - pump stopped randomly

Zilio    0

I have a Cooler Master Nepton 240m with an Asus Z170-A MB and a Skylake CPU.  The rattling has stopped and it seemed to work fine, but twice now the pump has stopped and my CPU was almost fried. I checked  in the Asus AI Suite -  the water pump was really not running. Both times when I shut the PC down and later  restarted it, the pump seemed to work again and temperatures were back to 30-34°C.

Has anybody had a similar problem? Do I need to RMA?

I really can't wait for an RMA to come back... so I guess I would have to buy an alternative cooler, which is annoying, as I really liked this one.

knud    128

How is your pump connected? 

You can try to connect it directly to the PSU using a 4pin fan header to sata/molex and see if the issue is gone.

Otherwise, it sounds like you need to RMA it.

BRI SENNA    1

oi estou com problema parecido com o seu zillo , minha bomba do water cooler nepton 240m está com um barulho como se estivesse alguma peça dentro solta girando dentro da bomba , porem o barulho aparece só quando deixa a bomba em alta rpm ( full speed ) esta conectado em cpu_opt (motherboard  z87x-d3h) , e as vezes quando eu set na bios 'normal' fan controller a rotação rpm cai para 1800/1900 e o barulho some , porem os led com logo COOLER MASTER ficam sem meio apagados sem brilho  .. e ja aconteceu igual voce disse ZILLO a bomba acendeu led COOLER MASTER  mais estava em 0 RPM  . aguardo respostas , obrigado ! :happy2:

• Upvote 1

Ntua    0

I have the similar problem Zilio, and now i put pump to cpu_opt and fans to cpu_fan and now i have 1800 rpm cpu_opt and 1100 rpm cpu_fan. But i am not sure that the problem was solved adn i dont know if the problem is hardware problem or i have o software problem...

Edited by Ece Ntua

I had a similar problem with my Seidon 240M, but with the pump just being inoperative (it's going thru the RMA process - hurry, CM! :happy7:).  I DID not have any noise, however.  For the OP, I would consider RMA'ing the cooler.

Ntua - the CPU_OPT header typically provides full PWM signal, so your pump should be running full speed.  You state you have a "similar problem", but show the pump running at 1800rpm.  Has the pump stopped working in the past?