Sign in to follow this  
[em]HEAT

Auqagate LCD problems!!!!! Please help!!!

Hey... just picked up a CM Stacker and an Aquagate. Having the same trouble here with the Aquagate though... set it all up, bled the system of air and made sure that it was topped out on fluid, everything runs fine except when I turn it on I get the flashing LCD with a '-' in place of the CPU temp, which would lead me to believe that the sensor is toast. Is there a way I can have it replaced, or do I need to try and dig one up elsewhere?

Thanks,

Jason

Jiroe    0

I, too, am having the same problem. I followed the instructions to set it up except I didn't initially attach it to the cpu just in case there was a leak, I didn't want coolant all over my stuff. I got it all hooked up, the only difference was the thermal sensor was sitting in midair and the waterblock wasn't attached. I turned it on, ran the water through till the tank alarm sounded, topped off the tank again and bled it for about ten minutes. Everything was working fine. The "CPU" temp (which was really just the air) was registering about 80F. Not surprising since it's inside the case. It was working perfectly. I took off the current HSF and attached the waterblock (which, by the way, is a pain and a half to do while simultaneously trying to keep the sensor in place). Finally, after 10 minutes of messing around with it, I got it attached. Now here's where it gets funky. Initially, I'd boot it and it would go fine for about half a second, then the beeping would kick in and the system would shut down. I checked the LCD and when I booted, the CPU temp was ~20C, then it would climb to ~30, then spring up to ~90, then shut off. I thought perhaps the sensor slipped while I was putting the waterblock on. So I removed the waterblock and sure enough, the sensor had thermal grease all up and down it. I wiped it off, and tried again. I finally found a technique that I tested a couple of times and made sure the sensor was where it should be. I booted again. Now it makes it to the POST beep, then shuts down. The LCD shows dashes for the CPU temp. So I tried to revert back to how I had it working before, minus the HSF because I originally thought it was the BIOS shutting it down because it couldn't detect a CPU fan and in the midst of holding the fan while trying to boot with it plugged in, it slipped in my hand, took a nice chunk of meat out of my palm, and broke a blade off. So I ditched that idea quick. I took the sensor out from between the CPU and waterblock and positioned it so it would sit upright and detect the air temp again. I boot it and the same thing: dashes for CPU temp, alarm, and shutdown. I'm wondering of there's a batch of faulty thermal sensors or if the thermal grease that is included is somehow messing up the sensor, causing it to not register any temp. Either way, I'm placing my bets on a faulty sensor. Any suggestions on what else to try?

Installing the Aquagate could be a simple process and yet a complicated one. The sensor that we shipped with the unit is very delicate. Any mishandling it will fried.

I will send you two sensors but to install it, make sure you tape it on the MB and have it barely touch the CPU. Then you have both of your hands to install the water block.

Another thing about the sensor is, there are two sides to it. A clear white side and a darker side. Place the clear side on the CPU surface.

Please email me your information and i'll get it out to you today.

I didn't recieve any of the tape for the sensor when I purchased my Aquagate, is there another kind of tape I can use, or does it need to be something specific?