Sign in to follow this  
balilu

OC an AMD 64

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

2.7 will do it turn on performance mode

ID    0
Haha expecting good OC results from a Value Select is like trying to make a Pinto faster than a GT40 :lol:

my ram is kingston value ram with a cl3 (2x512mb) and i managed to get an fsb of 1ghz with them (prescott 3.2ghz-4ghz)

lol but i have a problem, when i hit more than 888fsb my sata hdd won't be recognized

what chi[set are you using? as i know on via k8t800 pro when overclocked too far and using hte chipsets sata ports it can corrupt files.

i think you've probabbly reached your o/c limit, but 880 is pretty low fsb, mines 940

Have you tried another SATA controller (if there is another) on your mobo? On my Asus, there's a VIA and a Promise controller. VIA will crash with the slightest OC, but the Promise SATA controller is rock solid.

I'm still impressed, I guess that value select corsair is pretty good.

For moderate overclocking, the value select RAM isn't too bad, but its latency is still ugly (2.5-3-3-8 stock). Nearly all of my attempts at lowering the latency have resulted in immediate Prime95 errors. I still wouldn't recommend this RAM for any OC'ing...

Mr. Miyagi    2

That's another thing I forgot to mention about the K8N boards. The SATA has to be hooked up to either SATA 3 or 4 in order to achieve higher overclocks. This happened to me but with this fixed, I could achieve higher speeds.