Sign in to follow this  
balilu

OC an AMD 64

ID    0

I didn't expect much, if that's what you're asking. My rig was running way over budget so I had to settle for some cheaper RAM... for the time being. It's a temporary setback. Still, a 430Mhz OC while using this RAM is still respectable, but it isn't easy.

By watering my case, are you asking about heat? With 4 fans on the case, one being a tornado, two fans on the Hyper 6 cooler, and an intake/exhaust fan on my PSU, the case stays reasonably cool. The noise was the only problem, so I bought the Aerogate III !

VoongKoong    0

Haha expecting good OC results from a Value Select is like trying to make a Pinto faster than a GT40 :lol:

ninuhadida    0
Haha expecting good OC results from a Value Select is like trying to make a Pinto faster than a GT40 :lol:

my ram is kingston value ram with a cl3 (2x512mb) and i managed to get an fsb of 1ghz with them (prescott 3.2ghz-4ghz)

lol but i have a problem, when i hit more than 888fsb my sata hdd won't be recognized

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

my ram is kingston value ram with a cl3 (2x512mb) and i managed to get an fsb of 1ghz with them (prescott 3.2ghz-4ghz)

lol but i have a problem, when i hit more than 888fsb my sata hdd won't be recognized

what chi[set are you using? as i know on via k8t800 pro when overclocked too far and using hte chipsets sata ports it can corrupt files.

i think you've probabbly reached your o/c limit, but 880 is pretty low fsb, mines 940

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron

very strange should all be good, whats your processor and speed again plz i expect you've hit your limit.

stupid question have u upped the voltage on ur ram and cpu and got ur agp pci locks on?

ninuhadida    0

i think is's gonna be a stupid answer, mainly no. :lol: i had onyly set the cpu vol from 1.38-1.48 or something

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron
i think is's gonna be a stupid answer, mainly no. :lol: i had onyly set the cpu vol from 1.38-1.48 or something

up it a tad my presscot required 1.4 but desiered 1.45.up it a tad i know northwoods dont like voltage adjustments much

Mr. Miyagi    2

You should also increase your mem volts to about 2.7-2.8 if you're at stock.