Sign in to follow this  
balilu

OC an AMD 64

ID    0
Most good overclocks involve decreasing the multiplier....

I too own a NewCastle (3500+), and with a 9.6 muliplier x 280 HTT, I now have an OC of 460Mhz (2200Mhz stock, 2660 current).

You need to test that under pie and prime95 to make sure that it isn't unstable at that clcok.

Done. But thanks for the suggestion! :twisted:

:shock: Really?

Really really. My RAM is actually the only thing that is holding me back at this point. I bought a Corsair VS PC3200 kit, but unfortunately it isn't the greatest performer. If I had boughten better RAM, I'm convinced I could run even higher speeds that are stable.

As explained in another thread, I recently brought my CPU speed back down to around 2630Mhz to see if I can get Doom 3 to run a bit more stable. Regardless of whether or not my system can pass various torture tests, Doom 3 seems to have a mind of its own....

ID    0
Doom 3 seems to eat away RAM, when I tested out my OC'ed RAM.

That's what I figured. My OC'ed RAM just barely keeps up with the CPU speeds to begin with. Doom 3 just throws it over the edge. I still think the game is unoptimized as h e l l though (pun definately intended)!

VoongKoong    0

I OC'ed my PC-2700 Corsair XMS RAM to DDR400, and it ran fine, until I loaded Doom 3. Then it started to crash after 30 minutes.

ID    0

Now, did you have trouble loading saves after that? That's what's giving me problems. It's bizarre. If I try to load any saved games after I've played Doom 3, the game just crashes on the load screen. This happens even when I've saved and exited the game normally before. It just drives me nuts. I don't think I can even overclock at all if I want to play Doom 3.

ID    0

Hmm, well I guess it must have something to do with the sound mod that I use. But there's no way I can play Doom 3 now without Trent Reznor's sounds!

merovingian    0
Most good overclocks involve decreasing the multiplier....

I too own a NewCastle (3500+), and with a 9.6 muliplier x 280 HTT, I now have an OC of 460Mhz (2200Mhz stock, 2660 current).

You need to test that under pie and prime95 to make sure that it isn't unstable at that clcok.

Done. But thanks for the suggestion! :twisted:

:shock: Really?

Really really. My RAM is actually the only thing that is holding me back at this point. I bought a Corsair VS PC3200 kit, but unfortunately it isn't the greatest performer. If I had boughten better RAM, I'm convinced I could run even higher speeds that are stable.

As explained in another thread, I recently brought my CPU speed back down to around 2630Mhz to see if I can get Doom 3 to run a bit more stable. Regardless of whether or not my system can pass various torture tests, Doom 3 seems to have a mind of its own....

ON CORSAIR VALUE SELECT w/NEW CASTLE!?!? I find that hard to believe, is that a 754 socket? What is your set up?

ID    0

Oh it's really not that hard to believe. The RAM isn't that bad, it just isn't the greatest candidate for overclocking. It definately is my system's weak point, and will need to be replaced as soon as I have the funds for it.

These are my system specs:

• // AMD Athlon 64 (NewCastle) 3500+ @ 2630Mhz
    // Asus A8V-Deluxe Skt. 939 mobo
    // Leadtek 6800 GT 256MB, CCF @ 418Mhz - MCF @ 1.13Ghz
    // Corsair 1024 MB DDR400 RAM @ 220Mhz
    // SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum to Yamaha RX-396 receiver
    // Raptor 74GB 10K SATA HD, Maxtor 200GB SATA HD
    // Enermax 470W ATX PS
    // CoolerMaster "WaveMaster" Aluminum-Black case
    // CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU cooler w/ dual Vantec fans
    // CoolerMaster Aerogate III fan controller
    // Vantec Tornado case fan, Zalman chassis fan
    // LG 52x24x52x CD-RW, BenQ 16x4x16x DVD-RW
    // Samsung 912N 19" LCD monitor, Nostromo SpeedPad n52, Logitech MX700 mouse

merovingian    0
Oh it's really not that hard to believe. The RAM isn't that bad, it just isn't the greatest candidate for overclocking. It definately is my system's weak point, and will need to be replaced as soon as I have the funds for it.

These are my system specs:

• // AMD Athlon 64 (NewCastle) 3500+ @ 2630Mhz
    // Asus A8V-Deluxe Skt. 939 mobo
    // Leadtek 6800 GT 256MB, CCF @ 418Mhz - MCF @ 1.13Ghz
    // Corsair 1024 MB DDR400 RAM @ 220Mhz
    // SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum to Yamaha RX-396 receiver
    // Raptor 74GB 10K SATA HD, Maxtor 200GB SATA HD
    // Enermax 470W ATX PS
    // CoolerMaster "WaveMaster" Aluminum-Black case
    // CoolerMaster Hyper 6 CPU cooler w/ dual Vantec fans
    // CoolerMaster Aerogate III fan controller
    // Vantec Tornado case fan, Zalman chassis fan
    // LG 52x24x52x CD-RW, BenQ 16x4x16x DVD-RW
    // Samsung 912N 19" LCD monitor, Nostromo SpeedPad n52, Logitech MX700 mouse

WTF do you expect from that ram? I don't clock that and I have TCCD, do you water your case everyday or what?