Sign in to follow this  
balilu

OC an AMD 64

balilu    0

hey guys i have a problem i m viewing some forums about oc an to see the results of people oc the same cpu i have. i find a bit strange i cant increase my multiplier more 10. I know its top locked but others which have the same board incresead it to 11.

Can you tell me why i cant?? and how it is possible??? could it be that the cpu came unlocked??

my friends has an AMD Athlon 64 and a Gigabyte K8NS Pro ( i think ) and in the bios there is the option to increase it up to 25!!!!!

NOTE: in my motherboards manual there is written that the options are from x4~x20 but they show up only up to 10

i have also written that HT Frequency can be set from 1x~5x but only 1x~4x show up.

Why is this happening?? and what does 'HT Frequency' do ??? :?:?

merovingian    0

25x= Athlon 64 FX multiplier is unlocked

10x= Athlon 64 3200+ (200 x10 =2GHz)

I have it at 9x 286 bus clock for 2574Mhz.

What kind of RAM do you have?

balilu    0

well the ram is kinda cheap but i overclocked succecfuly to 220mhz but the problem is that others with the same cpu using the same motherboard have reached more multipliers

merovingian    0
well the ram is kinda cheap but i overclocked succecfuly to 220mhz but the problem is that others with the same cpu using the same motherboard have reached more multipliers

Did you understand my last post? What seperates the chip speeds is the multiplier. AMD produces four chips, the multiplier is what seperates them. The athlon FX can raise the multiplier, all others can only lower. The higher the multiplier on your chip, the more money you wasted, your chip is perfect.

I would send back the RAM and get 2-2-2-5 timings samsung TCCD chip set ram, namely the OCZ Platinum R.2 -- 2-2-2-5 ram. That way you can OC better.

balilu    0

Did you understand my last post? What seperates the chip speeds is the multiplier. AMD produces four chips, the multiplier is what seperates them. The athlon FX can raise the multiplier, all others can only lower. The higher the multiplier on your chip, the more money you wasted, your chip is perfect.

I would send back the RAM and get 2-2-2-5 timings samsung TCCD chip set ram, namely the OCZ Platinum R.2 -- 2-2-2-5 ram. That way you can OC better.

i understanded your post but the only problem is that someone with the sames cpu as mine ( i.e. athlon 64 3000+ sckt 754 ) can increase the multiplier and has the same motherboard while i can't.

and currently i cant buy any ram ( unfortunetly :( )

merovingian    0

i understanded your post but the only problem is that someone with the sames cpu as mine ( i.e. athlon 64 3000+ sckt 754 ) can increase the multiplier and has the same motherboard while i can't.

and currently i cant buy any ram ( unfortunetly :( )

Nobody with an athlon 64 3000+ can increase the multiplier above spec(9x)

When people talk about cheating the system for increased clocks, they are talking about fast ram more than anything else.

Mr. Miyagi    2
[Nobody with an athlon 64 3000+ can increase the multiplier above spec(9x)

When people talk about cheating the system for increased clocks, they are talking about fast ram more than anything else.

That's not true on the 3000+ 754, the stock is 200 x 10 multi. The 939 3000+ chip on the other hand is 200x9.

merovingian    0
[Nobody with an athlon 64 3000+ can increase the multiplier above spec(9x)

That's not true on the 3000+ 754, the stock is 200 x 10 multi. The 939 3000+ chip on the other hand is 200x9.

Ahh, that's right! But you know what I mean, you can't up the multi.

Mr. Miyagi    2
Ahh, that's right! But you know what I mean, you can't up the multi.

Yeah, I get what you mean. :wink: I just wanted to clear that up with some people who were getting confused. :D