Sign in to follow this  
Janthony

Centurion 5 & cooling

Janthony    0

i've been looking around for a new black case and came across the Centurion 5.

the thing is i need a case with decent cooling as i plan to do some overclocking sometime soon and don't want to go watercooling.

i just want to know how good the cooling is for the Centurion 5 even though it only has a 80mm front intake?

I also want to add that i use a Superflower Fan Master and not sure how i would go about installing it too

Mr. Miyagi    2

I have a C5 with a blue 80mm CM LED intake and the 120mm blue LED CM exhaust. The case stays around 36*c for me, but my CPU is overclocked. It's a great case for cooling. The front mesh really helps.

TronX    0
I have a C5 with a blue 80mm CM LED intake and the 120mm blue LED CM exhaust. The case stays around 36*c for me, but my CPU is overclocked. It's a great case for cooling. The front mesh really helps.

Does the mesh affect noise levels?

Janthony    0

Well noise doesn't really bother me actually seeing i use a Volcano 12, i just live in a hotish part of Australia and my room airflow is poor.

I just know that cooler master make some decent cases as i've worked on a couple of friends pc's that have cooler master cases.

the sad thing is all the other brand cases i've looked at all have doors that look sweet but probably not take my fan controller

The case i'm using now is a cheapo thingo that looked ok at the time until i got it home and realised that i couldn't really mod it much to make for better cooling

bronney    0

I also use the Centurion 5 with a total of 10 fans (counting every single fan including the PSU). I would say the mesh front doesn't leak sound significantly enough for me to seal them off.

I picked this case for it's subtle look and nice air flow. I use a 120mm CM blue led fan in the back and a Sunon maglev 3000rpm 80mm fan at the front (fan controlled to about 2000rpm). This is the only fan that makes any noticible noise.

I agree with Mr. Ninja Miyagi that this case is silent with stock fans. It's so silent when I first got it that I was amazed and had to make sure the front fan's on, heh.