Austin Cawley

HAF XB EVO Removable X-dock

I was thinking of buying the HAF XB EVO for a new lan build.  I have a very long power supply and it wouldn't fit in the HAF XB.  I was planning on removing the X-Dock, which would provide me with plenty of room for the psu.  The only problem is the hole in the front panel that would be left.  Is there any easy solution to this?  Thank you for your help.

knud    129

The hot-swap HDD bracket can be re-used - there is a thin metal pin that holds the "opener/front plate" and the "tray" together. if you remove the metal pin, you can use the front plate to cover up the opening.

Shafarevich    0
On 2/8/2016 at 9:03 AM, knud said:

The hot-swap HDD bracket can be re-used - there is a thin metal pin that holds the "opener/front plate" and the "tray" together. if you remove the metal pin, you can use the front plate to cover up the opening.

I know this is an old post, but can you tell me know I can remove that metal pin? It seems to fit snugly. Do I need any special tool to do that? Thanks in advance.