Sign in to follow this  
darude_boy

Jet CPU Cooler for the new Pentium 4 Socket 775?

Mr. Miyagi    2

Well, you could buy the unit and just use the fan for another heatsink that is compatible with the 775 socket. Or, you could use one of these.

zerospace    0
Well, you could buy the unit and just use the fan for another heatsink that is compatible with the 775 socket. Or, you could use one of these.

That's exactly what I was going to suggest -- good call, Mr. Miyagi

zerospace    0
will a 80mm fan fit a jet7 h/s? thinkin of getting yet another, 5th one, blue LED fan :shock:

just out of curiosity, why would you want to replace such a sweet looking fan like the Jet4 or Jet7? :D I'm guessing if the Jet4's fan mount is essentially an 80mm, the Jet7 would be as well...

Mr. Miyagi    2

Yeah, I would keep the Jet7 because with a normal fan, there will be a "dead zone" and will cool less. It will work if you want...

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron
Yeah, I would keep the Jet7 because with a normal fan, there will be a "dead zone" and will cool less. It will work if you want...

yes but a blower delivers a piddily cfm rate, the only way it cools decently is because of hte higher pressure its at, and the only way to have it at a decent enough pressure is to have it at a high speed so its really really loud. and dead zones cna be countered by raising the fna slightly plus most heatsinks nowadays take into account of the dead zone and compensate for it, such as heatpipes.