Sign in to follow this  
aDDicTedtOhArdWarE

PSU correct voltage reading

Hi there,

I'd like to know how to really read the data that such softwares provide on the +3.3, +5 and +12Volt Rails. I use the Asus Probe 2 and I read gennerally 12.099 on the +12V rail ; 5.16 on the +5V rail & 3.296 on the +3.3V rail. What does it mean(?), since the 12.099 is above +12, 5.16 is above +5 and 3.296 is below +3.3. If the reading on the rail is above the rail itself, does it mean it's taking more power than the PSU can provide or does it mean that the PSU has more power available.

Thank U in advance for ya help since it really is important to me to correct read the data about system's peripherals.

Hybrid-Mods    0

Who is your maker of the power supply?

I have my setup.. on this oem HI PRO 250 watt power supply.. and my voltages are alot worse.

You shouldn't worry about the voltages unless they start exceeding the +/- 5% tolerance rule.

as i write this e-mail, my voltages are 3.35 on the 3.3 rail, 5.23 on the 5 volt rail, 11.84 on the 12 volt rail.

I would say you still have some headroom in power wise, sicne your psu is rated for 400 watts.. Mine is only 250.. but i'm really pushing it.

Hybrid-Mods    0

titanx,

Your a living encylopedia. :D

I'm happy i finally found a image that is a table.. So now i can use it for refrence.

Tks alot Titanx, despite I figured out myself yesterday while I was tweaking my PC what I was trying to know about voltage readings. But reaaly tnk u for ya table, it really is a great help. :)

Tks again for aLL reply's. :D