Sign in to follow this  
teddy1

centurion 5 front panel cables

teddy1    0

just got the centurion 5 and starting to build my first pc.i am a novice and learning as i go along:)my question is, the front panel cables which ones are the positve and negative? there is a bunch of colors like the power cable is blue and white, there is an orange and white,green and white and a gray cable, which one is ground? the manual for this tower is hard to read. i notice that on the back of the pin that conects the cables there is an arrow is that positive or negative? my mother board is a gigabyte k8ns ultra 939,does someone have this same set up? can someone help with conection\ of the cables please?

merovingian    0

good question and CM should address this in manufacturing

The answer is.....this is moused but I just got back from a wild episode of fun and I can't really see straight. The orange should be the IDE+, logic should carry you from there. I don't work here, I just play customer service rep on TV. :wink: Check your manual and see where + lines up for the HDD led, the arrows should follow. Otherwise contact me later cuz i"m OUT!

Color cables are always positive. The arrow points to a positive cable as well. For the cable that lables + and -, that is for the PWR LED.

teddy1    0

thanks guys, that really helped. another question the front panel mic and head fone cables where do i connect them? my board is a gigabyte kn8ns ultra 939,it comes with integrated audio but i will be ususing the sound blaster audigy 2zs card, in order to use the headphone jack and mic do i connect the cables to the sound card or the motherboard? theres alot of little cables? :(

teddy1    0
good question and CM should address this in manufacturing

The answer is.....this is moused but I just got back from a wild episode of fun and I can't really see straight. The orange should be the IDE+, logic should carry you from there. I don't work here, I just play customer service rep on TV. :wink: Check your manual and see where + lines up for the HDD led, the arrows should follow. Otherwise contact me later cuz i"m OUT!

thanks now i see :)

TronX    0
thanks guys, that really helped. another question the front panel mic and head fone cables where do i connect them? my board is a gigabyte kn8ns ultra 939,it comes with integrated audio but i will be ususing the sound blaster audigy 2zs card, in order to use the headphone jack and mic do i connect the cables to the sound card or the motherboard? theres alot of little cables? :(

Aye... normally the little case cables come that way because not all motherboards and cards use the same + and - setups. It might take some trial and error (Google), but the trick is once you figure out those tiny wires just use a small amount of tape to keep them locked together. I do this all the time with the front panel usb ports. :wink:

Hybrid-Mods    0

most motherboard and case makers follow a standard i believe on front panel connectors, but some don't *cough* dell.. and make it a true pain to get there motherboard fully wired up in a new case.

TronX    0
most motherboard and case makers follow a standard i believe on front panel connectors, but some don't *cough* dell.. and make it a true pain to get there motherboard fully wired up in a new case.

You know... thinking about Dell here. This brings up a good problem I've been having. When lots of people want you to build a computer for them there are those that take up your time with little problems. Rather than be swamped with these peoples problems I'd send them to Dell. Well.. I've setup some of these people with Dell systems because it was cheap and I didn't have to build & fix anything. However, when the warranty is over it's back to me again. Sometimes trying to fix a Dell is not an easy thing to do. Can't just slap in a new power supply ect. So in the end it's always better to just build it yourself, charge them a little extra, and remember to get the extra LONG warranty. :D