Danijel

Seidon 120V loud pump

Danijel    1

Hello,

I have bought seidon 120V version 2 on Thursday and on the first day I have very loud sounds from pump. It's something like this:

This is not my pump, but it sounds the same. Is this normal?

Mine specs are:

Asus Maximus VIII Ranger

Intel i7 6700k

Kingston Savage DDR4 8GB

Seasonic g650

I connected pump into water pump connection on motherboard, and connected fan to cpu_fan connection. I have to say that I do not have problems with temperatures, My idle temp are about 32C and after an hour with prime 95 max was around 82. Only problem is that the pump is loud.

I tried to reseat the pump on cpu a couple of times, with tight screws, loosen screws, put PC on the side and let it run for a couple of hours (someone said that will help), but nothing changed, even slightly. No changes in noise even little, always the same kind of noise and the same loudness.

Only way I manage  to reduce the noise for this loud pump is that if I install Asus AI suite III and put pump on 45%, noise is gone, temps are the same on idel and load. I do not know if this is good practice because I have never found official information if this is the right way to go. I do not want to break my pump because of that.

I have to say that I install pump with tubes pointing left, and radiator is on top of the case. Case is Termaltake Versa N21.

Is something I'm missing here with the pump installment? Is this normal that pump is that loud? Or should I try something else or look to bring the pump back? I live in EU, and I bought pump in the place that is very far from where I live, so the process of returning will last long, and I do not want to return it if this is normal for this pump.

Sunday Morning    177

Hi

The sound very pain.

i just copy paste from old thread

SOLVED, pump is quiet as it should be. Went to BIOS, left most settings to default value except Chassis Fan 1 (pump is wired to) which I set to "Turbo" profile. CPU idle temp is 26-27C in 25C room temp. Thank you guys for your support and time.

+ maybe air bubbles in the pump 

i also do like he did. i went to my bios and set it to performance if i set more than that i also can hear  lady gaga on the chassis

Fyi my RPM at 2200-2400 idle 32-34c and load 42-47c

Hope this can help

Danijel    1

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I must say that I have already read those topic. Only hing that confuses me is that I have water pump connection on motherboard, and there I have that kind of noise when it's on 100%. I do not have option to change it in bios (or I couldn't find it), but on Asus AI suite reads around 2380 rpm when on 100%. I didn't try to put it on chasis fan 1 because i have water pump connection, but I will try that also.

Also, I didn't change any values in bios, nor I overclocked something. Will try put it in different connection.

At least, I know the pump is not supposed to sound like that.

Danijel    1

Ok, I just replace the cables, and when put fan on full speed, the sane noise happens. When I put it in turbo, it's better, but that is just because pump is working on 60%.

Do not know what I have to do if bubbles are in question. Should I change to put radiator on the back side of case?

Sunday Morning    177

i just read you specs 

1 x AAFP connector
2 x USB 3.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 3.0 port(s) 
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)
2 x SATA Express connector: gray, Compatible with 4 x SATA 6.0 Gb/s ports
1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M Key design, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (Supports both SATA & PCIE SSD)
2 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin) << try use this 
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s) (1 x 4 -pin)
4 x Chassis Fan connector(s) (4 x 4 -pin)
1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V Power connector(s)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x Thermal sensor connector(s)
1 x Power-on button(s)
1 x Reset button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
1 x Water Pump header (4-pin)
1 x LN2 Mode jumper(s)
1 x ROG extension (ROG_EXT) header(s)
1 x 14-1 pin TPM connector

and try check your bios ... 

with z97 i also use the Cpu Fan Connector 

Sunday Morning    177

Ok, I just replace the cables, and when put fan on full speed, the sane noise happens. When I put it in turbo, it's better, but that is just because pump is working on 60%.

Do not know what I have to do if bubbles are in question. Should I change to put radiator on the back side of case?

Hmm

where you allocate the radiator ?

Edited : for more performance and perfect timing is radiator on the back of our chassis

Sunday Morning    177

some user using nepton 240m ,

he can fix by him self : i dont know how but the pump fixed it self and now is completly silent.. maybe air bubbles escaped somehow even from the whole system.

Time to sleep 12.35am here :(

Danijel    1

When I used cpu fan connector, nothing changed. If less rpm, less noise.

My radiator is on top of the chasis. I will move it on the back of the case and will post the results.

Good night! :-)

• Upvote 1

Danijel    1

Ok, here is the update:
I changed the radiator to the back of the case, and I dismounted cooler from board and mounted it again. It's all the same, nothing changed. The noise is the same as before. I believe that pump is pumping liquid, correctly, because my temps are ok under stress test an idle.

Sigh, guess I'm stuck like this  :cry: