Brandon Pereira

I need some help replacing a CPU fan?

Ok, I am getting close to wit's end here. I've had a CyberPowerPC gaming desktop since the 9th of October, 2015. Purchased it from Best Buy. It runs great, but I am concerned about the longevity of my CPU fan. It's a Cooler Master, Model number A7015-45RB-3AN-C1. Ever since I first turned on my new system, a rattle occurs. I've been able to pinpoint after months and months of listening, electrical taping, and testing that the source of the Rattling is my Cooler Master. I tried everything from moving wires to reseating the heatsink, checking my GPU, case fans, PSU, hard drive, and the sound is isolated strictly to the spinning blades of my CPU cooler. At first when I didn't know what it was, I figured "Oh the PC just needs breaking in, that sound will go away after I boot up several times over the next week or so". Wrong I was. Now, granted, the rattling only happened at first on a cold start up, and would go away after 20-30 seconds of being on. Never upon a system restart, always on a shut down, and the start up that would follow. I ignored it. Thought that it wasn't too huge a deal. Eventually I noticed the rattling starting to take longer and longer to go away, so I did a search for people with the same problem. Lots of replies included "Time for a new fan - bearings are going out". "Well that can't be!" I thought, "The computer is BRAND NEW! Maybe it's just been sitting in the factory for 2 years"? Other than that, I never really got any other information, except for one person that said it's possible for the fan to be unbalanced with itself, or the clock speed could cause the blades to hit one another (although I honestly don't even see how that would be possible by design)

So I don't worry too much about it right? Except that two days ago I started noticing the rattling coming on out of nowhere, after the PC having been on for at least 3 hours or so. Random rattling. Out of nowhere. Sounds just as bad as it does on Boot up, and it doesn't USUALLY go away unless I do a system shut down. Start it up again, it rattles like usual, then goes away after about 2 to 3 minutes now. I've taken the side of the case off and done some looking, it seems like when I push on one blade the fan tilts ever so slightly, so I'm thinking it's got a wobble? Could this be the cause of my fan rattle? Either way, it's a brand new PC with a brand new (supposedly) fan(s) and I am incredibly disappointed in the state of my CPU fan at the moment. I'll post a list of my System Specs as well as a picture of the CPU fan itself, removed from the heatsink. I've oiled the bearings only once - and considering it's a rifle bearing fan, it probably wouldn't even make a difference. I've searched for this fan, hoping amazon has the same one that I could just pop in, in better condition than the one mine is now, and that will hopefully solve the problem. But I can't find my fan anywhere. I find very slight variations of the fan, but I'm a total noob at replacing or servicing parts myself. And I don't have the cash to send it in to a shop to be charged $50+ for a service fee plus the cost of the fan. There's nothing wrong with the heatsink at all, if I could just get the fan I would be good to go. I just don't know the first thing about replacing a fan for a CPU. I don't understand the voltages, the watts, the power usage, the RPMs, I have literally NO idea what would work best for my system other than the one that's already in it. So that's the one I'm looking for.

Are there ANY Cooler Master reps I could talk to on here that could work something out about getting a new fan? I just want the one I already have, but a BRAND brand new one. One that I know hasn't been sitting in a system, drying out and getting frail for 2 years in a factory until someone buys it.

SYSTEM SPECS;

Manufacturer: CyberPowerPC
Processor: AMD FX-6300 Six-Core Processor        3.50 GHz
GPU: AMD R7 240 2GB
System Memory: 8GM DDR3
HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100 ATA Device
CDR/DVDR: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH24NSC0 ATA Device
MB: Gigabyte GA-78LMT USB3
PSU: Thermaltake PP-350NL-1NC-A 350W

post-103581-0-81124300-1453028479_thumb.jpg

If no one from Cooler Master sees this, does anybody else have links to a fan that would work with this Rig?

I'm really at a loss here.

snapper69    1

Have you tried contacting Best Buys? It should still be under Guarantee, so if there's a problem, it's their responsibility.