Santiago

New v850 doesn't turn on

Santiago    0

Hello everyone!

I'm from Argentina and I bought a new v850 PSU while I was in Chile.

The problem is that when I came back and plugged everything in, the PSU wouldn't turn on. So I started checking if everything was okay till 2 am, and still it didn't turn on.

So, today, I tried to start it with a paper clip on the MoBo connector, and it is still not working. The fan doesn't start spinning and I can't hear that strange noise that I can't describe when you connect something to the wall.

I tried it on 2 different computers, didn't work on both of them. I removed all the cables (unless the MoBo one), I used a paper clip and still, not turning on.

I will try to turn it on again, because I've been reading a lot of users having to wait MONTHS for their RMA. I don't want to imagine what will happen to me, that I'm pretty far away from the US  :dontknow: .

Any suggestions?

Link to an imgur album (4 photos):

http://imgur.com/a/TTV3W

Thanks everyone!

Sunday Morning    177

Hi Santi

Hopely you can give some detail about your specs or deatil for that PC

when the CM available read this forum,they can direct give you suggestion or ETC

Santiago    0

These are my specs:

CPU: i7 4790k
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO 
GPU: Nvidia ASUS Strix GTX 980
RAM: 4x 4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 Mhz

Oh, and I had also opened a thread on Tom's Hardware. And they told me that the PSU was dead, and I can confirm that it is.

Sunday Morning    177

These are my specs:

CPU: i7 4790k
Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO 
GPU: Nvidia ASUS Strix GTX 980
RAM: 4x 4GB DDR3 Corsair 1600 Mhz

Oh, and I had also opened a thread on Tom's Hardware. And they told me that the PSU was dead, and I can confirm that it is.

Hard to say if user from toms said the psu is dead .. well you have to RMA your Psu ... 

before you RMA my suggestion would be better if you recheck it again before submit RMA

Santiago    0

Well, I checked many times if I was doing it well.

Also, as it's a modular PSU, I removed the MoBo cable if for some reason the green cable (that is black in this case) was cut inside the insulation (if that's how you say it, I'm not a native speaker), and made it contact directly. Still didn't work. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Oh, and I grabbed another PSU that was faulty, but could turn on. I connected the pins with the paper clip and it did turn on, so I wasn't doing it wrong.

Well... I hope that the waranty covers Argentina. It's a bit hard to get electronics inside my country, so they may not RMA my psu, I hope they do.

Sunday Morning    177

Well, I checked many times if I was doing it well.

Also, as it's a modular PSU, I removed the MoBo cable if for some reason the green cable (that is black in this case) was cut inside the insulation (if that's how you say it, I'm not a native speaker), and made it contact directly. Still didn't work. I hope you get what I'm trying to say.

Oh, and I grabbed another PSU that was faulty, but could turn on. I connected the pins with the paper clip and it did turn on, so I wasn't doing it wrong.

Well... I hope that the waranty covers Argentina. It's a bit hard to get electronics inside my country, so they may not RMA my psu, I hope they do.

i can feel you pain :(