Sign in to follow this  
derekliu

Centurion 5 User Group

SSNocc    0

Got a question for you C5 users, i replaced the 12mm fan with a CM 12mm with blue led and i decided to plug it to my motherboard.

Well, i ran to see the RPM of the fan and its showing 660rpm with Motherboard Monitor 5, same with everest. Is this okay for this fan? or should it be running faster, thanks in advance.

bronney    0

I am not sure whether MBM has auto fan control so check that if it's turned on. Depending on your mobo, it might have auto controlled your fans plugged into its headers for a particular temperature; which should be fine as long as your components isn't overheating (read the other probes).

I plug my 12cm fan in a vantec fan controller and turned it all the way up so the rpm should be around 1200 - 1500. It's still silent as that speed. If you game a lot, I suggest having over 1k for your 12cm fan, and check whether it's auto adjusted when gaming.

SSNocc    0

I have an intel perl and everything is running fine, temps are fine, i was just wondering cus 660 seems a bit slow but then again im NOT doing gaming or heavy pc work. Would it be better to keep the fan plugged to the mobo or to the psu/fan only conector?

derekliu    0
I have an intel perl and everything is running fine, temps are fine, i was just wondering cus 660 seems a bit slow but then again im NOT doing gaming or heavy pc work. Would it be better to keep the fan plugged to the mobo or to the psu/fan only conector?

660rpm is :) of slow man....could ur fan be mulfunctioning??

bronney    0

The only way to test whether your fan's malfunctioning is to plug it into something with an RPM display "while" the controller lets you adjust it. i.e. cool drive 4, aerogate, etc.

If you plug it in with no form of control or readout, there's no way to tell. However I'd suggest you plug the 12cm fan directly to a FAN ONLY port as that should take some load (small load anyway) off the ATX header or current supplying the mobo anyway.

I personally don't like to plug fans on the mobo eventhough they provide rpm readouts, I like all my juice going to the cpu where I OC.

SSNocc    0

Im going to plug it to the fan only connector in the PSU, and we will see. Thanks.

And this 12mm cm led fan is brand new, i dont know why would it be wrong, :(

So far im running 1-2C° less hot.. but dont want to get my hopes up, lol.

ID    0
i ran to see the RPM of the fan and its showing 660rpm with Motherboard Monitor 5, same with everest. Is this okay for this fan? or should it be running faster, thanks in advance.

That seems awfully low. Are you sure that there is enough power going to the fan? Otherwise, I'd say your fan is defective.