Niko Battalia

Pump Noise with the Seidon 120M

Greetings,

Since installing my Seidon 120M 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler, I have been hearing pump noise that sounds just like an old hard disk drive loading.  According to Cool Master, the pump is suppose to run silently.  Also, my friends tell me that their pumps do not make any noise.  I have Fractal mid sized tower, an Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard and an Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor.  When I unplug the pump's power cable from the motherboard, the pump turns off and the noise goes away, so I am certain that the pump is causing the noise.  My motherboard has the pump power pin clearly label so I am certain that the pump's power cable is properly connected to the correct motherboard location.  

Is this a faulty pump or a common problem?  

snapper69    1

This type of noise can often be caused by air bubbles in the pump, one possible cure is to lie your case on it's side for a few hours/overnight with the pump running.

Sunday Morning    177

This type of noise can often be caused by air bubbles in the pump, one possible cure is to lie your case on it's side for a few hours/overnight with the pump running.

i agree with his explaination 

+ just make sure your installation is correct :)

Bill    0

Sir, try checking your BIOS regarding the power source of the pump, if you connected your pump to a header with PWM , make sure it is running on full power.