Cooler Master Nepton 240m pump rattle

Martin    0

i dont know for asus board :(

i have seidon 120v only with gigabyte board and have 4 type

1 full speed 

2 standard

3 perfromance

4 quiet

already test the all type .. my best performance is no3  no noise and no higher temp :)

asus bios settings,

1.standard

2.silent

3.turbo

4.fullspeed

5.manual

and its full speed selected PWN, also have some DC mode and when i select DC pump goes down to 2200-2300rpm and i don't hear anything like rattling its silent like that and temp was good too but it everyone says if it doesn't run at full speed it can damage the pump so i run it at full speed.

Martin    0

Connected pump into system fan and run it at full speed no change, also unscrew abit and again no change, pump is only silent when case is upside down and when i put it upside down it makes swoosh sound for about 10-15min and then completly silent and after back to normal position its rattling again. i will rma it anyway, its my second nepton 240m with same problem definetly poor quality control, in future i will think twice on buying coolermaster product.

Sunday Morning    177

asus bios settings,

1.standard

2.silent

3.turbo

4.fullspeed

5.manual

and its full speed selected PWN, also have some DC mode and when i select DC pump goes down to 2200-2300rpm and i don't hear anything like rattling its silent like that and temp was good too but it everyone says if it doesn't run at full speed it can damage the pump so i run it at full speed.

i copy paste from our previous admin : please make sure the pump is running between 1300 to 1400 RPM. If it falls below 1300, it can cause damage to the pump and cause rattling.  :D

Martin    0

i copy paste from our previous admin : please make sure the pump is running between 1300 to 1400 RPM. If it falls below 1300, it can cause damage to the pump and cause rattling.  :D

Pump  is running at full speed from day 1 so it never runned that low, lowest was 2200rpm and that was only in bios, after that i set it to full speed again.

Sunday Morning    177

Pump  is running at full speed from day 1 so it never runned that low, lowest was 2200rpm and that was only in bios, after that i set it to full speed agai

well maybe some one can help you  ... and i think 2.2k 2.3k rpm is prrety good enough .. should be fine

Martin    0

at full speed pump is running with 2900-2950rpm so i am afraid to lower its speed.. someone help should i lower speed to 2300rpm or RMA this cooler again ?

luciferuru    0

How do you lower it ?

If i connect the pump on the cpu_fan or opt, Fan xpert 2 tell me i cant change the speed of my pump.

If i put in turbo mode, or other mode, the pump still run at 2700 rpm.

I am on an Asus motherboard

Martin    0

How do you lower it ?

If i connect the pump on the cpu_fan or opt, Fan xpert 2 tell me i cant change the speed of my pump.

If i put in turbo mode, or other mode, the pump still run at 2700 rpm.

I am on an Asus motherboard

in bios you got PWN mode and DC mode when you select DC mode pump is going down to 2200-2300rpm and fans are going up to 1500rpm temp stays same but even with those rpm i can hear rattling when i go close to the case so definetly RMA again.. really disappointed from this product.. big fail because this is my second and now i need to try 3rd one and if that one is fail too than that will be my last CM product.