snapper69

Has anyone had problems with Asus boards and Nepton 240M?

snapper69    1

I am about to upgrade my system to Skylake, using an Asus Maximus Hero VIII motherboard and I have read on certain sites/forums that the slightly thinner Asus motherboards cause problems mounting AIO coolers such as the 240M, some people finding it necessary to use rubber washers.

I was wondering if anyone on here had encountered any problems?

snapper69    1

Thanks for that, it was useful, but on the Corsair forum there have been several instances where the back plate has been loose (due to the Asus board being thinner), causing the pump to make poor contact with the cpu and the temps to be high. The cure for that seems to be mounting the back plate with rubber washers. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem mounting the 240M onto an Asus board, or if the Cooler Master mounts somehow compensate for this problem?

Update.

It appears that, unlike some coolers, there isn't a problem. I installed everything on New Years Day and it works perfectly.

Sunday Morning    177

Thanks for that, it was useful, but on the Corsair forum there have been several instances where the back plate has been loose (due to the Asus board being thinner), causing the pump to make poor contact with the cpu and the temps to be high. The cure for that seems to be mounting the back plate with rubber washers. I was wondering if anyone has had a similar problem mounting the 240M onto an Asus board, or if the Cooler Master mounts somehow compensate for this problem?

Update.

It appears that, unlike some coolers, there isn't a problem. I installed everything on New Years Day and it works perfectly.

Nice :)

snapper69    1

Very nice, playing Fallout 4 at 4k with no problems, apart from an occasional sound glitch. I've overclocked it to 3.9 and it's rock solid. The next time that I switch it off, I'll try for 4.5 ish. The 240M does a good job of keeping it cool too, high 20's on idle and low 40's sfter a couple of hours of gaming.

Sunday Morning    177

Very nice, playing Fallout 4 at 4k with no problems, apart from an occasional sound glitch. I've overclocked it to 3.9 and it's rock solid. The next time that I switch it off, I'll try for 4.5 ish. The 240M does a good job of keeping it cool too, high 20's on idle and low 40's sfter a couple of hours of gaming.

Hi 

did you hear any noise ?

Hopely you can share to us how to manage the nepton 240m and how to make it work with perfectly :)

snapper69    1

The sound glitch is a problem with Fallout 4. My 240M pump is quiet enough that my ears can't hear it and the fans (controlled by Asus software) are quiet enough for me, either on silent or balanced (mostly silent). I previously used a Corsair Commander Mini and Link software to control the fans, but as my new Asus Hero VIII has more than enough fan headers, I'm now using the Asus software to do the job. To be honest, I'm so addicted to Fallout 4 that I haven't really had time to "mess about" with my settings, however, sooner or later it will happen and I'll let you know what happens.

Yesterday I had to reboot my computer and the temp shot up to 88 degrees and the fan speed ramped up ( on a positive note, at least I now know that the fans work as they should ), I checked as many settings as I could, before rebooting it again. It came back to normal, weird. Anyone else had this happen?