andykamezou

Sirus 5.1 alternative driver for WINDOWS 10

andykamezou    0
The recent KB3124200 updates might break your Sirus functionality. The new default driver provided by Microsoft seems not compatible with Sirus 5.1. Even after re-installing the old driver provided by CM, my headset still doesn't work.

But I found an alternative driver that compatible with this headset. It was made for Sades 7.1CH Gaming headset. I've been using it for about 2 weeks and it seems 100% compatible with Sirus 5.1.

Driver Provider : C-MEDIA Inc.

Driver version : 8.1.12.26 

Driver date : 13 February 2015

Digital Signer : C-MEDIA ELECTRONICS INC.

Download

Updating the driver

Ignore the Setup.exe file. Update from Device Manager :

1. Go to "Sound, video and game controllers"

2. Right click "Sirus Headset"

3. Select "Properties" 

4. Go to "Driver" tab 

5. Click "Update Driver"

6. Choose "Browse my computer..."

7. Choose "Let me pick from a list..."

8. Click "Have disk"

9. Browse to "SoftwareDriver\Driver" folder

10. Select "CMUAC.inf" and continue the update process.

Upon installing this driver, Sirus control panel will not detect our Sirus anymore. But we can use the control panel provided in this driver package. If your headset still not working, I would suggest restart your computer.

Using the alternative control panel

Just run the control panel from folder "SoftwareDriver\DLL\CPL\x64\FaceLift_x64.exe" 

(x86 if you're using Windows 32 bit).

It will still detect your old presets. You can even move the folder to anywhere you like for easier access.

Screenshot

I modified the alternative control panel because I'm not a fan of the default transparent skin.

hlQRrP6.jpg

Edited by andykamezou

Pclinde    197

Hi Andy,

Thanks for sharing this useful information! Where did you found out about this? 

Cheers,

Pim

andykamezou    0

Googling "C-Media USB Audio Class 1.0 and 2.0 Device driver" and found this website http://www.drivermax.com/driver-download/0/MEDIA/C-MEDIA+Inc./USB+Audio+Class+1.0+and+2.0+Device+Driver which stated there's a much recent driver version 8.1.12.26

So I added 8.1.12.26 in the search query and found http://www.winfuture-forum.de/index.php?showtopic=212333

How I know it works? I tested it myself.

Pclinde    197

Googling "C-Media USB Audio Class 1.0 and 2.0 Device driver" and found this website http://www.drivermax.com/driver-download/0/MEDIA/C-MEDIA+Inc./USB+Audio+Class+1.0+and+2.0+Device+Driver which stated there's a much recent driver version 8.1.12.26

So I added 8.1.12.26 in the search query and found http://www.winfuture-forum.de/index.php?showtopic=212333

How I know it works? I tested it myself.

Hi Andy,

Thanks again! :)

Cheers,

Pim

Hetsig    0

I'll put some information here that might be useful as i saw one guy saying the mic is bugged for the unofficial drivers.

Sat for atleast 2 hours trying to get the headset to work on win10prox64, they worked before but i had a dumb idea to reinstall them so here's what i did.

Win7 drivers won't work. Well, it'll seem like it in the beginning. Sound and all BUT, the USB program will be buggy. You can save presets but can't press them again for example.

1. Uninstall whatever you have at the moment. (no need to plug the headset out but it won't hurt). Reboot.

2. Download/Install 8.1 drivers. (As admin if needed) http://gaming.coolermaster.com/en/support/downloads/408/Global .. Reboot.

3. No sound yea? Make Sirus the default sound device and reboot again (so it'll stay as default.)

4. Don't have any sound applications open on this step. Right click properties and change settings. Press "Update Drivers", browse for drivers and press "Let me pick from a list".

5. Install the 8.0.11.107 drivers in that list.

The headset will start to work right away. Do a reboot just incase to see if it still works.

5.1 works and the mic works like a charm.

It seems a lot of people here made it work under windows 10. However, none of the solutions apply to my problem.

The volume controller is not at all recognized by windows 10. Under 'Device Manager' the volume controller is just listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". It does not accept any of the drivers presented on this board, therefore I think something is more fundamentally wrong.

Anyone got a solution to this problem?

I've got a bunch of USB ports on my PC. Tried them all, same result.

andykamezou    0

It seems a lot of people here made it work under windows 10. However, none of the solutions apply to my problem.

The volume controller is not at all recognized by windows 10. Under 'Device Manager' the volume controller is just listed as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". It does not accept any of the drivers presented on this board, therefore I think something is more fundamentally wrong.

Anyone got a solution to this problem?

I've got a bunch of USB ports on my PC. Tried them all, same result.

I never experience this kind of USB failure, but my initial thought is the USB device might be dead.

Have you tried it on a different computer, just to make sure your Sirus USB is not broken?

But from Google, some said uninstalling "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" from Device Manager and restart the computer might fix the issue.