Jee

Microphone no longer working CM SIRUS 5.1

Jee    1

Sound is working somewhat fine, but the can't get the microphone to work... 

Changed nothing, worked 23 december but today 27 december is no longer working.

If I want to talk with people at ie say Mumble, then it only transmit the sound I hear so the people im talking to can hear them self but not me.

Using Windows 10.

Tried uninstalling and installing driver again, and even tried some of the "fixed" installers for windows 10 users.

Anyone have a suggest for me to try?

​

• Upvote 1

world    84

If you go to your control panel and search sounds and open the recording tab, is your headset microphone set as the default? If it is, then try talking into the mic and see if there is any response on the green bars

Jee    1

It's set as default and has 1 green bar all the time, even if there is no sounds.

I can barely make it move up 1 bar if i tab with my fingers on the microphone. Talking does not do anything.

world    84

It's weird that others on mumble hear themselves when you try to transmit voice--even with a broken mic that kind of behavior shouldn't happen. Is Mumble set to use the Sirus as the microphone audio source?

Does pressing microphone mute change anything with the green bar? (ex. if mic is muted does it go down to 0 bars, or does it stay at one?) Since the bar can go up if you tap the microphone, it seems like the mic unit is still working on some level. Is the microphone level turned up in the control panel?

Jee    1

Aye, mumble is set up correctly and tried other apps as well.

Nope it does not change anything and microphone is turned up to max level.