Tuttu

CM Storm Devastator mouse has gone a bit wacky !

Tuttu    0

Hey there !

Back in 2014 (23 January), I bought a CM Storm Devastator Combo. I was quite satisfied with it but I have never fully appreciated it because of some minor problems.

Sometimes, the I or Space bar key would stood blocked in pressed position or the LMB would work weirdly or the MMB wouldn't work at all while the wheel would make a weird noise when used. But it happened only sparsely and I didn't find it worth getting a replacement product.

As time as passed, it has gone worse. The I and the space bar still get stuck from time to time but, well, I have get used to it. The worst part is with the mouse. The Middle Mouse Button (The one "under" the wheel then) don't work at all for a few days now and that's quite annoying as the MMB is a button I use a lot ! And if sometime, I get it to work with mere chance, it will triple click !

It's almost two years since I bought it (I'm in France so I bought it from a French retailer) so I probably can't do a RMA but do you have tips that I could follow to try and fix it ? It's a good mouse overall despite it's small flaw and it is a really good gear for this price range so I want to keep it as long as I can but these problems start to be more and more present and really annoying. :(

Zenith    5

Have you tried taking apart your keyboard and carefully wiping it down with alcohol? Your mouse is most likely dying. It would be best to simply replace it.

Tuttu    0

Thanks for that first answer. Too bad the mouse is about to die. But I have check the Warranty notice and it looks like RMA can be done within two years after the material has been bought so I might try this option for it. :)

Pclinde    197

Thanks for that first answer. Too bad the mouse is about to die. But I have check the Warranty notice and it looks like RMA can be done within two years after the material has been bought so I might try this option for it. :)

How to RMA: http://coolermaster.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/FAQ/How-to-obtain-a-product-replacement-RMA/?l=en_US&fs=Search&pn=1

Tuttu    0

Finally, it seems that I'm unable to request a RMA. In fact, on my product page, all I can do is upload the receipt although I did it already.

However, there's no RMA Request button. I think I will contact the support after they End of the year break to fix this problem. :)

Pclinde    197

Finally, it seems that I'm unable to request a RMA. In fact, on my product page, all I can do is upload the receipt although I did it already.

However, there's no RMA Request button. I think I will contact the support after they End of the year break to fix this problem. :)

Home > My Support > Support Tickets (create new ticket)

Cheers,

Pim