Sign in to follow this  
FaLNanO

What CPU/Heatsink Do You Recommend

FaLNanO    0

Im running,

A7n8x-E Mother Board

AMD 2800+

My case has 2 88m fans on the front door and has one exhaust on the back...I have an overheating problem, My cpu keeps reaching temperatures at about 140 degrees F, I have the stock CPU/heatsink that came with the CPU.

Its a socket 462 what cpu/heatsink do you recommend....any help would be nice

Gustavo    0

I recommend a 120 x 120 case fan on the TOP of the case pulling out the over heat AIR and put 1 of the 88 x 88 in the left of the case(send air to inside) , and the other 1 in the back(send out the hot air).Cooler Master have god case fan coolers.Also see this link( is in portuguese )

http://www.clubedohardware.com.br/aula20.html

Karma Ghost    0

I would suggest that you do get more exhaust out of your case, but if you are not into modding maybe you should look into getting a power supply with a 120mm fan on it; that should help.

AMD stock heatsinks are a joke; they always have been. You can't really survive with one; especially if you do things that require full load.

I'd take a look around on some websites for heatsinks. http://www.newegg.com and http://www.excaliberpc.com are two names that I trust, but I notice that you are in Ca, so you'd most likely be charged tax. I feel your pain; newegg opened up shop in Jersey too, so now I get sales tax :cry: .

And when looking for a heatsink, look for something made of copper. Copper is great for absorbing heat, and most high quality heatsinks are made with it. Since this is the Coolermaster forums, I can't in good conscience start naming brands of good heatsinks for you. Coolermaster does make excellent ones though. Try looking for the Vortex Dream 7, but make sure you get it for Socket 462. I've heard good things about this heatsink, and it's quiet too.

Either way, happy hunting. I hope you find the heatsink that is right for you.

Im running,

A7n8x-E Mother Board

AMD 2800+

My case has 2 88m fans on the front door and has one exhaust on the back...I have an overheating problem, My cpu keeps reaching temperatures at about 140 degrees F, I have the stock CPU/heatsink that came with the CPU.

Its a socket 462 what cpu/heatsink do you recommend....any help would be nice

When your processor reaches 140F, is that in idle state or extreme gaming or application usage?

The ideas recommended by Gus and Karma are good. As for CPU cooler I would suggest getting a Vortex Dream 7 http://www.coolermaster.com/index.php?LT=english&Language_s=2&url_place=product&p_serial=ACC-L72&other_title=+ACC-L72+Vortex%20Dream%207

Gustavo    0

How much you will spend in a new refrigerator system?that way we could recommend a system that fill in your pocket , that is in you buget

FaLNanO    0

Well 2 reasons why I'm reaching high temperatures, I got a crappy case, no good airflow, and my Heatsink is stock. Thanks for your help guys. I think spending 40 or so on a new heatsink/fan. I'm really thinking about ordering the new cavilier as well, might help alot compared to my crappy case I have now. Thanks again. Oh and these temperatures when im hardcore gamming. Running Teamspeak and other proggy's. Thanks alot.

Karma Ghost    0

I wouldn't mention other brands of HSFs and such on Coolermaster's forums.. especially naming direct product codes. :?

Seems a tad... disrespectful?

Anyway, if you want some massive airflow pick up a case with a lot of fans. Large ones are most of the time better in terms of CFM to dB ratios. That, bearing type, and RPM are all I look at in fans.

I'm very happy with my Praetorian and the kinds of temps it brings me.

bigapl    0

Pardon but I believe in the freedom of speech! "It's a socket 462 what cpu/heatsink do you recommend....any help would be nice" was asked and I answered on my experience with this issue, yes the Coolermaster Vortex Dream is nice also but I prefer the other..

Besides if memory serves me right a case with one 120 in front and one 120 in rear and a good PSU fan will cool as good or even better than any big case with alot of fans.

Let me start over what I would suggest first is find out where your hotttest areas are then find out how to fix your heat issue in the xcase before he hit the processor!

Hybrid-Mods    0

I believe if somthing is wrong, one of the moderators will tell him.

-Back- to your Cooling problem.

The Vortex Dream is very nice. I have a similar cooler for my Intel System.

The design is outstanding. You can have the nicest hsf.. but with no air flow.. The Heat will just keep building up. If you have to, take a side panel off. That should help lower temps.