Steve

Xornet 2 Firmware failure

Steve    0

JUst got this mouse for xmas , unpacked plugged in np,ran firmware update and pc crashes , now mouse led constantly flashes and i cant update or roll back the firmware ?

Steve    0

Tried every hub in my machine nothing , even the ps2 slot still nothing ,it said firnware update takes one min lol after 30 it crashed my machine . Now the mouse is seen the wheel flashes  red and i can do nothing with it .

none    0

Please use another PC or laptop. 

Is this a joke, cause it's not very funny... How about proper functioning software? much easier and cheaper than getting a new computer unless you work for CM of course :)

Pclinde    197

Is this a joke, cause it's not very funny... How about proper functioning software? much easier and cheaper than getting a new computer unless you work for CM of course :)

Sorry* for testing purpose. :)

Dion Zornig    0

Just bought the mouse and had the same problem with the firmware update failing and then the mouse was locked on lowest DPI and the wheel was blinking red and the software just told me to plug in the cm storm mouse.

what I did to make it work again was:

1. shut down the software completely

2. started the software As Aministrator.

3. Firmware updated again (it went all the way this time, although it afterwards said it had failed).

But dispite the update failed message the mouse was again working as it should.

Francesco    0
On 7/7/2016 at 2:18 AM, Dion Zornig said:

Just bought the mouse and had the same problem with the firmware update failing and then the mouse was locked on lowest DPI and the wheel was blinking red and the software just told me to plug in the cm storm mouse.

what I did to make it work again was:

1. shut down the software completely

2. started the software As Aministrator.

3. Firmware updated again (it went all the way this time, although it afterwards said it had failed).

But dispite the update failed message the mouse was again working as it should.

this worked for me, thanks a lot! I didn't even get the update failed message. 

BTW I first downloaded the firmware update software from the xornet 2 page and run it as administrator, but it was 1.14 so I made CM storm portal do it again to 1.28 ( the newest one) and again I made sure to run cm storm portal as administrator.