Travis Persinger

Hyper 612 ver. 2

I'm considering purchasing this cooler for my upcoming build and had a couple questions concerning the fan mounts. Primarily, I'm looking to add a little bling to the cooler and was wondering if the fan mounts would be compatible with 2x CM JetFlo or SickleFlow (or combination of both) 120mm red LED fans? Furthermore, would the upgrade significantly reduce the cooler's effectiveness?

Steve Mach    0
  • I have a Hyper 612 with a cooler master jetflo 120 mounted with the plastic brackets as I don't think the metal ones will work as the screw design is enclosed with the jetflo 120, but it works great, the jetflo 120 has a high static pressure meaning more push compared with the stock fan and my FX8350@4.4ghz reaches almost 50 degrees overclocked and overvolted, I actually suggested cm offer the jetflo with the hyper 612 as a performance option. They work very well together, idle my cpu is around 24 degrees (almost room temp).
  • I had to tape 4 small pieces of carboard right near the screws on the inside of the fan to get it to mount tightly as there was a small gap making the fan bracket slightly loose.
  • I think you can mount a fan on the rear of the heatsink (not a jetflo 120) but it gets pretty close to the rear exhaust fan already (really really close depending on your case).
  • In total in my Core V71 case I have 5 jetflo 120's, one on the cpu cooler in pwm mode, one rear exhaust on a 3pin header with 19db adapter, and 3 intake (also on 3pin headers w. 19db adapters), one top front acting as a compressor at the top of the 200mm on the inside of the case and 2 lower intake fans. After testing one I bought 6 more, I have 2 extras just in case, don't know about longevity with these yet but they are a great fan.

101_1796_zpsu6ezxsng.jpg

With respect to your picture, you may have mounted the cooler backwards.  The product descriptions I've read state the cooler should hang over your ram modules and the fins are notched to accommodate high profile ram modules.  If I'm correct, then you'd have plenty of room for the second fan.

Steve Mach    0

With respect to your picture, you may have mounted the cooler backwards.  The product descriptions I've read state the cooler should hang over your ram modules and the fins are notched to accommodate high profile ram modules.  If I'm correct, then you'd have plenty of room for the second fan.

No it's definitely mounted the right way (it's shown that way on the package), the side the fan mounts to has curved fins (I think to make it more like a wing with less drag than a standard flat fin, each half is curved differently to maximize this effect), though in my case I could mount another fan it would literally be face to face with my exhaust.

I'm referring to the cooling tower itself.  When looking at the top plate of the cooling tower in your picture, you see the notched area that allows access to the retaining bolt is facing your exhaust fan.  It should be facing your RAM Modules. The fins of the cooling tower on this side have been notched so the tower will easily sit over your RAM Modules.

Steve Mach    0

I'm referring to the cooling tower itself.  When looking at the top plate of the cooling tower in your picture, you see the notched area that allows access to the retaining bolt is facing your exhaust fan.  It should be facing your RAM Modules. The fins of the cooling tower on this side have been notched so the tower will easily sit over your RAM Modules.

Here's the last 3 steps from the manual, it's definitely mounted properly, I believe the notched area you're talking about is to clear vrm coolers, my mobo (MSI 990fxa-gd65v2) has a vrm cooler but it's not super tall.

101_1798_zpstfmtuhbh.jpg