KitB

Have I installed my nepton 240m correctly(fans speeds of 2900 and 2400 all the time))

Sunday Morning    177

Z97 if you want to overclock I personally have a Asus z97 A,with the i54690k very stable no problem was going to upgrade to skylark but no point yet until price drops

personally i love z97 Hero :)

KitB    0

In regards to upgrading my board I am currently looking at 990fx series boards as they were built specifically for the fx8350. Also I am loving the nepton 240m, its amazing, so quite, so efficient. Will suggest to anyone looking for a 240 radiator cooler.

Currently deciding between a sabertooth rev2 and msi 990fxa gaming. (only options in my country)

Msi board can go to 4.6Ghz where as I heard the saber can go to 5.0Ghz. However the saber is 80 dollars more so still researching if the performance difference is true.

dwilko    5

Personally the Asus sabertooth series for the fx cpus is the one to go with , I was going to build an amd rig that's what I chose for the setup.

Msi do great looking boards and some work great but a good deal have issues with some features not all error have been ironed out tho.

Even tho I'm an Intel i5 4690k user both myself and my brother have an Asus board.

Unless I wanted to have a colour coded board I'd stick with the Asus sabertooth mobo renowned board with the amd users.

dwilko    5

Don't even think I bothered looking for anything other than a sabertooth board when I was looking into a amd build when I went on a few forums they all had them so the old saying you get what you pay for.

Sunday Morning    177

In regards to upgrading my board I am currently looking at 990fx series boards as they were built specifically for the fx8350. Also I am loving the nepton 240m, its amazing, so quite, so efficient. Will suggest to anyone looking for a 240 radiator cooler.

Currently deciding between a sabertooth rev2 and msi 990fxa gaming. (only options in my country)

Msi board can go to 4.6Ghz where as I heard the saber can go to 5.0Ghz. However the saber is 80 dollars more so still researching if the performance difference is true.

AMD is Good Procs .. my suggestion try visit tomshardware .. i saw some ppl change thier procs from AMD to INTEL especialy 8350 

Try invest to intel i5 4690k or skylake :)

dwilko    5

I used that forum and pc part picker for mine , but what I will say is this I built mine so I wouldn't upgrade stuff for 2-5 years and cost me 850 for a approx 1200 pc

Amd equivalent was about £600 yes not as energy efficient but that's at max power most the time my cpu is using 10-35 watts never seen it above that max draw is 100 so again I spent and extra £100 to get a i54690k when I could have gone with a fx series cpu with next to no difference in real world scenarios unless rendering videos or file encryption.

If the chaps already got an fx8350 I'd keep it its solid dependable and blows the Haswell series out the water for value.

Also saves getting a new motherboard and cpu so I'd stick with amd until Intel can offer something better than skylake since only margin better than the Haswell e series refresh.

KitB    0

I did a major mistake and jumped on the fx8350 boat before we really knew the issues with the 970 series. So yea I own a 8350 and I have found it a solid processor.

I dont see a reason to change it so I am just upgrading my board to a board that can actually handle the voltages needed.

I see no real reason to go intel when my 8350 performs so well, haven't had issues with gaming on ultra from 2015 so I am happy with the years left in it.

I did ask toms hardware some said just go saber for the amazing quality and performance compared to my other options.

Sorry for my reply format I am a little tipsy from xmas dinner haha.