KitB

Have I installed my nepton 240m correctly(fans speeds of 2900 and 2400 all the time))

KitB    0

Hmm strange not 100% on that as your cpu fan port is for the pump , as long as our pump stays at that speed it be fine , and as long as at least one of your fans on the splitter doesn't stop otherwise you'll have no cooling for the cpu should be okay , monitor it for a bit and if owt changes let us know :)

Do you have the msi command center installed on your system you should be able to monitor the fans/cpu with that may even tell you that the motherboard has detected the cpu pump and has adjusted power output accordingly , I haven't had an msi board so I can't really comment but thought it may help

I just ran a stability test with amd overdrive, the pump and fans performed well. My only issue is that temp 2 which hit 70+. Not sure what to do with that as touching the back of my case it seems to be the northern region near/above the processor. However in terms of the pump and fans it seems to be fine still.

Downloaded msi command centre and below in the red box is what happened as I started it... Hope my pumps fine..

In fact my psu now makes a light crackling sound... when I started my msi command center it said wrong voltage then forced to me to correct... I regret downloading the program quite a bit now.. Not sure if I have to buy a whole new psu..

post-102899-0-66996500-1450358507_thumb.png

dwilko    5

Personally I'd chanel the cpu pump to the cpu fan port as that's designed for full power constantly well just about, if all the fan connectors are 3 pin on your board it won't support pwm so dc voltage would be better suited , the pump shouldn't have caused damage as it's only a small feed not being drained by the guy etc , I'd uninstall the program see if it still does it and reconfigure your cpu pump

KitB    0

Personally I'd chanel the cpu pump to the cpu fan port as that's designed for full power constantly well just about, if all the fan connectors are 3 pin on your board it won't support pwm so dc voltage would be better suited , the pump shouldn't have caused damage as it's only a small feed not being drained by the guy etc , I'd uninstall the program see if it still does it and reconfigure your cpu pump

Okay so I swoped the fans into system fan1 which 4 pin and the pump into the cpu fan header.

Below is the results the pumps running at the same speed however even though the system fan header that I am using now is 4 pin I am unable to pwm so I am stuck at 1500 range. 

Any idea how I can pwm them? speedfan has no effect.

post-102899-0-00549300-1450447153_thumb.png

post-102899-0-41570300-1450447160_thumb.png

dwilko    5

right bud after having a closer look at the mobo the previously uploaded pictures were a bit grainy.

The sysfan1 which you have connected your fan to is pwm so should work 

The sysfan2 is non pwm only 3 pin.

So you have them correctly configured. just reading through a few other forums there's a few issues with not being able to control the fans directly with software including speedfan.

the only thing i can think of is your board doesnt support pwm but has that feature for the cpu pump only.

dwilko    5

right as i thought i've downloaded the manual for your mobo so i can see the port specs etc 

oxeJkpo.png

as you can see the cpu fan is the only one with 4 pin control and should only be used for the cpu pump.

The 2 fans only support 3 pin fans however a 4 pin pwm fan will still work but will only run as a 3 pin fan ie voltage control.

id not use the splitter and have each fan on each fan port and regulate the speed via the bios.

hope that helps mate

KitB    0

right as i thought i've downloaded the manual for your mobo so i can see the port specs etc 

oxeJkpo.png

as you can see the cpu fan is the only one with 4 pin control and should only be used for the cpu pump.

The 2 fans only support 3 pin fans however a 4 pin pwm fan will still work but will only run as a 3 pin fan ie voltage control.

id not use the splitter and have each fan on each fan port and regulate the speed via the bios.

hope that helps mate

I need to upgrade my mobo... it has a terrible amount of faults but until then thanks for the help.

dwilko    5

Not a problem any time, give us a a shout if you need a hand in the future, All I will say is get the best you can afford on the mobo side, if you upgrade the cpu the Intel haswel series has come down a treat , depends on budget, I quite like the amd series of cpus performance is negligible unless your maxing out your cpu half the time

Sunday Morning    177

Not a problem any time, give us a a shout if you need a hand in the future, All I will say is get the best you can afford on the mobo side, if you upgrade the cpu the Intel haswel series has come down a treat , depends on budget, I quite like the amd series of cpus performance is negligible unless your maxing out your cpu half the time

i agree with you regarding what you say ...

try search an intel atleast haswell procs ... z97 is the best option

dwilko    5

Z97 if you want to overclock I personally have a Asus z97 A,with the i54690k very stable no problem was going to upgrade to skylark but no point yet until price drops