KitB

Have I installed my nepton 240m correctly(fans speeds of 2900 and 2400 all the time))

KitB    0

Attached is an image of where I connected the y connector and my pump as well as an image of my fans speeds.

How do I drop these, i mean they are loud at these crazy speeds.

I am pretty sure I plugged everything in right as I put my y connector to the cpu fan header and I put the pump to a system fan header(my board only has 1 cpu fan header). The pump is running nice and quit and keeping my cores chilled at 30C when at load of 4.0GHz. The only thing is that tmp2 goes to 63 while temp1 and 3 never cross 50(doubt I need to be concerned). My main concern is why the fans are  running so fast, this is my first liquid cooler so controlling the fan speed is all new to me.

If Anyone could tell me whats up or how I can use speedfan to drop my fans from 2400 and 2900 I would appreciate it.

Edit: after playing around I see that the 2400 was my fans(dual linked which makes sense) so I dropped them to 1400(dead silent).

It seems the 2900 is my pump, as stated before I used a system fan pin which are at 65%, should I leave it or max?

post-102899-0-35249200-1450252946_thumb.png

post-102899-0-32223900-1450253085_thumb.png

snapper69    1

My understanding is that you connect the pump to the cpu_fan header and the fans to the sys_fan header, at least that's how I've always done it. On most motherboards you need something working on the cpu_fan header in order for it to boot, so if your pump stops working it will warn you.

KitB    0

My understanding is that you connect the pump to the cpu_fan header and the fans to the sys_fan header, at least that's how I've always done it. On most motherboards you need something working on the cpu_fan header in order for it to boot, so if your pump stops working it will warn you.

system fan header is only 3 pin though so I couldn't put man fans to that, however the pump pin only has 3 pins so I can put it there. Limitations of my msi board. But I see what you mean. I hope someone with experience with a board like mine can help. 

I also learnt that at load my sensor at the top of my board which seems to be closet to my radiator hit 77 at 1200 rpm so I maxed out my fans and it dropped to 57. The problem is I can have the radiator on top and fans below as the sealed inlet valve clashes with my case. 

But atm I am more concerned with how I plugged in everything, as you have pointed out using a system fan pin may cause issues. 

One guide suggested putting the pump to a direct 4 pin adapter from my psu to give it 12v however I am not to sure about this.

Sunday Morning    177

Correct me if iam mistake

Most of the Pump Radiator is connect to Cpu Fan Header Meanwhile the System Fans Header is for the Fans

According the MSI Official Webstie for your Motherboard Specs as below

Internal I/O Connectors

- 1 x ATX 24-pin power connector
- 1 x ATX 8-pin 12V CPU power connector
- CPU x 1 / System x 2 FAN connectors ( So for CPU is Pump Radiator ) ( System Fan for your Fans )
- 1 x Front panel audio connector
- 1 x Front panel connector
- 1 x Chassis intrusion switch connector
- 3 x USB 2.0 connectors
- 6 x Serial ATA III connectors
- 1 x Clear CMOS jumper 
- 1 x SPDIF-out connector
- 1 x TPM module connector

so you have 2 system fans

post-91870-0-89249800-1450267080_thumb.png

So my suggestion try recheck you installation or try reseat your pump

FYI 3 Pin or 4 Pin is No Issue
  • Upvote 1

dwilko    5

Mohd is correct I have the nepton 240m also, they y splitter is for the fans that mount to the rad as you know, your motherboard will have a cpu fan port 3 or 4 pin plug the pump into this port as it will run constantly at around 2600-2900 rpm It will fit and work accordingly,

Your fans on the y splitter plug into the port normal labeled cpu option or cpu 2nd or something like that your motherboard manufacturers hand book will note this.

http://i.imgur.com/gjHSXLI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/x9zYlB5.jpg

Not sure if you can see but this is on the Asus z97 A board both next to each other and labeled clearly.

Page explains it quite well

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-2205716/explain-3pin-4pin-fan-correctly.html

If you get stuck leave a reply or give me a mail :)

dwilko    5

Sorry just seen the picture you put up mohd if you put the y splitter on the cpu fan (one on the right) it will run the fans at max no adjustment , that is where the cpu pump needs to go.

Picture labeled opposite to what you wrote lol :)

• Upvote 2

KitB    0

Heres the thing:

I have the fans to the cpu fan header and I can pwm with speedfan(sound issue fixed).

if you look at this you will see my fans are around 1400 and something else is 2800. I assume the 2800 is my pump so surely using a system fan point is fine for my pump?

Must say no idea what temp 2 is exactly maybe my north bridge but it sure does heat up fast even when nothing else does. Also since my last post I reinstalled my radiator on top of my fans, it helped temp 2 a bit.

post-102899-0-80529100-1450274044_thumb.png

dwilko    5

Hmm strange not 100% on that as your cpu fan port is for the pump , as long as our pump stays at that speed it be fine , and as long as at least one of your fans on the splitter doesn't stop otherwise you'll have no cooling for the cpu should be okay , monitor it for a bit and if owt changes let us know :)

dwilko    5

Does your motherboard fan ports actually have 4 pins? Sorry forgot to ask if not I'd keep them as dc as they run better but completely up to personal preference as my mobo is 4 pins all my fans bar the cm 240 ones are 3 pin but the speed setup can be altered in the Asus bios to pwm or dc, slight difference but not much, as say keep us posted and if you run into any issues let us know.

• Upvote 1

dwilko    5

Do you have the msi command center installed on your system you should be able to monitor the fans/cpu with that may even tell you that the motherboard has detected the cpu pump and has adjusted power output accordingly , I haven't had an msi board so I can't really comment but thought it may help