Sign in to follow this  
newbietocm

Please Help Me!

don_wong67    0

I understand why all of you have suggested having shorter tubes instead of longer ones. In a normal full performance watercooling setup I would agree with you all, but perhaps not with the Coolermaster. I think the length of the tubes should be balanced between the need for pressure to the waterblock and also the need for fluid quantity. I say this because the Aquagate has quite a small reservoir and I think cutting the tubes too short would only further decrease the amount of fluid in circulation. All other things being equal, it's obvious that the more fluid in circulation then the less hot the fluid gets which in turn means less work for the radiator. This is probably even more so given the small radiator inside the Aquagate.

merovingian    0

Well, let’s take a look at this from a thermal dynamic point of view. We know that the amount of heat going through the system should be constant provided that the amount of processing power remains consistent. We also know that we should not depend on ambient temperatures that provide a head start (say if we started the computer with close to ice water in the tubes or just normal temperatures) as they would provide only temporary cooling solution. Then we are left with heat dissipation. The heat dissipation occurs in two places, one from the processor to the water (this can be expanded to thermal paste and other molecules but I'm going to keep it simple) and from the water to the air in the case (which goes to the outside of the case to the outside of the room etc, etc.). Now different materials transfer heat at different rates, which is why your canned coke feels colder than your plastic 16oz coke in your hand. So, then since the plastic tubing (plastic doesn't dissipate heat very well at all such as the gloves people wear when the wash dishes in hot water) length doesn't help you get rid of almost any more heat so it's length while helpful is very little help. On the other hand, getting a sufficient amount of water to flow and exchange heat (water and metals like aluminum and copper exchange heat very quickly) with the processor can be very important depending on what levels of circulation were talking about. The amount of dissipation is finite that’s true, but the amount of pressure that is lost in cable length (due to the pump having to push more weight) can be significant especially if there is a kink in the tubing. My advice is to make the tubing as short as possible without making any sharp turns that would cause the system to require more pressure to flow efficiently.