Sign in to follow this  
Striker

Non-conductive Water ? can it be ?

Striker    0

So what is it, like the minerals and crap in the water that cause conductivity ? ( I am not a scientest but I play one on HL2 mp )

note that fluid xp is SLIGHTLY conductive. dun be lieve the ads.

non coductive >> midel or flourinert.

the latter also used to cool cray supercomputers

Big Bunny    0

What you are thinking of is deionized water, not just distilled water. DI water is an insulator, not a conductor. It's really easy to get hold of. The water won't stay deionized if it ever comes in contact with anything other than inert plastics like polyethylene, any metal contact will quickly make it into a conductor. That means if you spilled it in your computer, it will still be able to fry components.

God knows what that product is!

Tiny Tim518    0

:roll: thank you Noob :wink:

no matter whether H2O is or isn't conductive you won't see me soaking my computer any time soon 8)

cyberwiz97    0

I've read several reviews where they tested FluidXP on computer components and they continued to work. However, one review poured the fluid into a power supply. It tripped the breaker, but when reset, the PS still worked. Then, they poured the whole bottle into the supply and it finally smoked the 110 stepdown transformer. On the other components they poured it on, they continued to work ok. Yes, they were powered up for the test.

The cheapest I've seen is $34.00 a quart.

ajfaull    1

What are the cooling efficiency of these fluids? Are they close to water, or do you need a bigger radiator or more powerfull pump? Also how do the three products compare in price and performance.