Pclinde

CM Storm Xornet II - Claw Style!

Pclinde    197

Wake up, CM!

You made the best mouse with the worst firmware!

Do something!

New firmware is 'under construction'.  :glasses2:

Pclinde    197

News?

Wish I had news. :( I will poke our product manager in Europe tomorrow. :) He's also waiting, but he might share some more details. :D

Zenith    5

I can only assume the Xornet 2 is not his priority because this is taking far too long. I hope the Spawn 2 that he is cooking up will address the Xornet 2's lackings (e.g. non centered sensor [THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE MAKING A CLAW OR FINGERTIP GRIP MOUSE], better sorted 20M sourced from Japan Omrons, optical scroll encoder/ALPS, 3360, non textured soft cable if not paracord)

• Upvote 1

m0uz    2

I can only assume the Xornet 2 is not his priority because this is taking far too long. I hope the Spawn 2 that he is cooking up will address the Xornet 2's lackings (e.g. non centered sensor [THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU ARE MAKING A CLAW OR FINGERTIP GRIP MOUSE], better sorted 20M sourced from Japan Omrons, optical scroll encoder/ALPS, 3360, non textured soft cable if not paracord)

I've actually lost interest in the Xornet II since I've started using 800/1600 CPI for browsing/gaming respectively.

This video made me see the light. I did tests myself in CS and Quake and I'm definitely a believer in high CPI, low in-game sens. Unfortunately, the Xornet II performs terribly at anything above 500. Even 1000 malfuntions too early. I'm far more interested in the Spawn II and I hope that the guys at CM will listen to us like they did with the Xornet refresh.

Here's what I, personally, would be interested in.

(Above) PMW3360 (or S3988 minimum, NOT A 3310 PLZ :P) with surface tunability/lift-off options that WORK

(Above) ALPS encoder

Smooth rubber cable

Xornet II shell (same shape, rubber grips, smooth textured buttons, lightly textured plastic)

Black/grey colour scheme

Either NO LED or an RGB LED

Keep same shape/texture of Xornet II's physical scroll wheel. Make it black if no LED, keep same if RGB.

Edited by Elliot Grigor

vladimir b.    6

Wish I had news. :( I will poke our product manager in Europe tomorrow. :) He's also waiting, but he might share some more details. :D

CM, we will poke you if you don't make a new firmware with fix bugs for Xornet II! :boxing::D

Pclinde    197

CM, we will poke you if you don't make a new firmware with fix bugs for Xornet II! :boxing::D

Lol. :D Testing phase right now. :) If you're interested; PM me. :) 

• Upvote 1