Pclinde

CM Storm Xornet II - Claw Style!

Pclinde    197

I'll keep an eye out, thank ye

You're welcome! I will update this topic with the latest software/firmware. :D

I just got my new Xornet II today. As a long time Spawn user, I was looking forward to an updated mouse, feature-wise, with the same familiar shape that I love.

I have made a few of the same or similar experiences as other users:

- The firmware update failed on first attempt, in spite of making sure it was a USB 2.0 port. I had to unplug and re-plug the mouse, to get it to detect again. The second firmware update attempt was successful.

- I then installed the software, adjusted my settings, played around with the mouse to test,  and uninstalled the software. Everything seem to be working fine. I set all three DPI's to 750, 500 Hz polling, low LOD, and assigned the keyboard function "1" and "2" to the DPI buttons, as is usual for me.

- Due to the way my desk is set up, and the Xornet II's cord length, I needed to add a 2 ft. USB extension, to be able to have a full range of mouse motion. Apparently, removing and re-applying power to the mouse caused it to get its tracking parameters scrambled and cursor mouse tracking was horribly jumpy and intermittent. Following a tip on the OCN forums, I unplugged and re-plugged the mouse, while moving it, and this seemed to restore normal tracking. Since I had re-assigned the DPI up/down buttons to keyboard functions, I apparently could not do the "LOD tuning" by pressing and holding the DPI-down button and scrolling. I don't know if the erratic tracking issues were even due to the LOD setting or something else in the settings, because tracking seemed to work just fine on the low setting, before uninstalling the software. Perhaps it is an auto-tuning feature upon power-up, as others have suggested.

I would echo the comments of others regarding the UI to the software:

- The gray font used makes it look like the function is not available

- The button's graphic should change when clicked, to indicate that the click was actually recognized and the function executed, especially important for the "Apply" button.

So, it seems we are off to a slightly rocky start with the Xornet II firmware and software, with both having some minor issues, that will hopefully be addressed soon. For me, the current workaround, to get the tracking working right again (moving the mouse, as the USB cable is plugged in), is just a minor annoyance, and certainly not a deal-breaker. The tracking is excellent, once you get past this initial phase.

Pclinde    197

I just got my new Xornet II today. As a long time Spawn user, I was looking forward to an updated mouse, feature-wise, with the same familiar shape that I love.

I have made a few of the same or similar experiences as other users:

- The firmware update failed on first attempt, in spite of making sure it was a USB 2.0 port. I had to unplug and re-plug the mouse, to get it to detect again. The second firmware update attempt was successful.

Thanks for the sofware feedback, forwarded it. :)

Pclinde    197

Any updates regarding the new firmware?

I'm not sure. Probably within a week.

• Upvote 3

vladimir b.    6

My favourite mousepad is CM Storm Conrtol-RX. But Xornet II doesn't work on it properly with different settings of LOD.

There is a failure when the cursor is not very fast motion, especially on the diagonal... It jumps...

Then, DPI settings of software don't correspond to real DPI of the mouse...

Using MouseTester 1.3 I got the approximate DPI of my Xornet II.
I checked each value 10 times.
250 DPI = ~ 215 DPI;
500 DPI = ~ 425 DPI;
750 DPI = ~ 635 DPI;
1000 DPI = ~ 855 DPI;
1250 DPI = ~ 1070 DPI...

But, it's normal if Xornet II uses LENS X0,85. :)

Further, I think that Xornet II doesn't save the value of LOD after restart or power off randomly...

Can you fix it with a new firmware and software?

• Upvote 1

Zenith    5

@Pim is there a possibility we can have a flasher for the v1.00 firmware aka factory default while we wait for the fixed 1.03 firmware?

• Upvote 1

vladimir b.    6

After a week of using Xornet II I'm sure that the mouse doesn't save LOD setting after restart or power off randomly.

Replug the mouse fix it sometimes. Also change LOD and return it back...

CM, please, fix this annoying bag in the future update of firmware!

Firmware update doesn't work with USB 3.0...

• Upvote 1

Check out my review of the Xornet II gaming mouse.  :happy7:

If you liked this video why not come and subscibe to my channel on YouTube for more amazing reviews. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEEkwHK9pxaCksUAWUcj8kA

And why not like us on Facebook to 

https://www.facebook.com/maxedoutpctvmedia/