Pclinde

CM Storm Xornet II - Claw Style!

Pclinde    197

Hello everyone,

Feel free to share your Xornet II experience, pictures and gaming moments!

• The first thing that I did with my Xornet II:

I made photos in the garden. :P

2588kcl.jpg

• The first game I played with my Xornet II:

Team Fortress 2 as a sniper. Yes... I know it's a bit 'old school', but still a lot of fun with friends. My favorite Team Fortress 2 map? cp_orange_x3 = headshot time. :P Lately I've been playing Fallout 4 and Call of Duty: Black Ops III.

• What settings do I prefer?

Most of the time around 750 - 1000 DPI / Low LOD (all games, especially when playing FPS). In Windows I use 1600 DPI. :)

Cheers,

Pim

Zenith    5

I received mine today. After attempting to flash the firmware to v1.02 I encountered an error which rendered the mouse unusable :/ Now currently waiting on Amazon to send me a replacement. This is a rather disappointing first impression :/

Dan    2

I received mine today. I tried to update the firmware and the progress bar didn't move, but the light turned off as soon as I clicked "OK". I waited about 10 minutes before restarting my computer and the mouse still wasn't recognized.

I found this post while waiting and unplugged it and plugged it into a new USB port, the middle button started flashing red but it was working. I ran the firmware updater again and it said something like "congratulations, you're already up to date." The middle button turned green and it's working fine now.

@Zenypha Phantasm  Have you tried a new USB port yet?

Other than that, I had a Spawn for 3 years before I wore the left mouse button out. I bought a RAT as a replacement but didn't like it and was so happy to see that a new model of the Xornet was out, since the old Spawn/Xornet's are $50-$100 on Amazon.

I missed this style of mouse so much. Love the Xornet2. Grippy and sleek and the matte black matches anything, especially when you pick a complimentary color. GJ CM!

• Upvote 2

Zenith    5

I received mine today. I tried to update the firmware and the progress bar didn't move, but the light turned off as soon as I clicked "OK". I waited about 10 minutes before restarting my computer and the mouse still wasn't recognized.

I found this post while waiting and unplugged it and plugged it into a new USB port, the middle button started flashing red but it was working. I ran the firmware updater again and it said something like "congratulations, you're already up to date." The middle button turned green and it's working fine now.

@Zenypha Phantasm  Have you tried a new USB port yet?

Other than that, I had a Spawn for 3 years before I wore the left mouse button out. I bought a RAT as a replacement but didn't like it and was so happy to see that a new model of the Xornet was out, since the old Spawn/Xornet's are $50-$100 on Amazon.

I missed this style of mouse so much. Love the Xornet2. Grippy and sleek and the matte black matches anything, especially when you pick a complimentary color. GJ CM!

It turns out the firmware update does not work on USB 3.0. I plugged it into a 2.0 port and now it works fine. Can't wait for my hand to acclimate to the shape. So far it feels really comfortable

@Pim van der Linde

What mousepad are you using? When I use the low LOD setting on my Zowie G-SR and Steelseries QCK, the tracking is at best inconsistent and at worst non-existent. Even the mid setting has issues on both pads. I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue with the firmware or with the pads I'm using.

Dan    2

I'm using a coated aluminum mousepad by RocketFish that I bought about 12 years ago and haven't had any issues or even adjusted the LOD yet.

I also have a QcX but that tended to accumulate cat hair which eventually made its way into the space in the mouse where the optical element lives and that would basically prevent my mouse from working until I picked the hair out. A poor ending to a killstreak  :(

With the new Xornet2 I've only used the coated aluminum mousepad and a bare woodgrain desk. I haven't noticed any issues with LOD. Again, I haven't tampered with the LOD setting yet.

Zenith    5

Hmmm. The Xornet 2 might have an automatic surface tuning feature. Hopefully they'll release a firmware that allows it to be disabled.

Pclinde    197

@Pim van der Linde

What mousepad are you using? When I use the low LOD setting on my Zowie G-SR and Steelseries QCK, the tracking is at best inconsistent and at worst non-existent. Even the mid setting has issues on both pads. I'm trying to figure out if this is an issue with the firmware or with the pads I'm using.

At the moment I'm using the CM Storm Swift-RX XL. What firmware are you currently using + have you tried a desk as surface for testing purpose?

At the moment I'm using the CM Storm Swift-RX XL. What firmware are you currently using + have you tried a desk as surface for testing purpose?

Firmware 1.02, and it seems to track fine on hard surfaces, but cloth pads of various types gives it a lot of trouble.

Pclinde    197

Firmware 1.02, and it seems to track fine on hard surfaces, but cloth pads of various types gives it a lot of trouble.

Hmmmmm a new firmware will be released (very) soon. :)