Sign in to follow this  
dab3580

CM Stacker problem - can't fit graphics card

SyxPak    0

I've been reading this thread and others on this forum regarding the Stacker I.

I'll probably be buying one in a month's time as nothing else offers what need.

I'm curious to know if the issue with the backplate for the PCI slots has been fixed in the cases currently onsale?

I will be getting an X800XL and an Audigy2 ZS and would very much like to be able to just pop them in :)

Failing that, I've no problem taking a hacksaw or a dremel to it, but an RMA replacement part for the PCI bracket would be nice.

I'm highly impressed with the level of support and usage of customer feedback by Coolermaster, particularly with the 3.5" external bay and the way it was handled for early adopters.

My only gripe is that there is no black window panel :)

...so I'll have to cut my own.

Guest dogin   
Guest dogin

Yeah, hope they get it done before my dual vid card upgrade (or single dual GPU card) or like you will need to dremel it out. Just love this stacker case and one of few that looks like it has room for the new twin GPU Ausus vid card. With the need for a physics accelerator PCI card and limited useable PCI (E) slots on the SLI boards the large twin GPU card on the new Ausus AMD "Premium" mobo may be the only way to go on the next system upgrade? The Stacker is a very forward thought out case. With strategically placed side fans in the window, it provides a good home for an OC'd system on air or H20. May have to stick the window fans on the outside to have enough room for the Ausus card which is wide and long!

I haven't been answering because it's the same complaints. Do you want me to sign on everyday and just tell you the same thing over and over again? "no response yet" then the next day "no response yet". Please i beg you, i have been asking questions to HQ but awaiting response. Reporting and worrying about these issues isn't my JOB anymore yet i'm still here asking questions and trying to help. So do me a little favor and give me a little time. I'm not getting pay for being on the forum but like i mentioned before, i am doing what i can to help. I can't sign on all the time because i need to finish my work or else im gone. So if i can't update you everyday, please understand.

They need to go back to RD and redesign before they can create it.

Plus it take times to build tooling machine. Look at the stacker 830, we still dont even have the tooling machines yet.

I know you guys are eager but we're only human and not superman. We can not magically make things happens over night. You can ask any manufacturers out there and ask them how fast does it take to make a tooling for products. We can't just take all of the stacker out now and start cutting a little more room for your cards. A whole new tooling machine is needed just to have that little room! This machine needs to be built by the tooling machine manufacturer and if they're delaying, then there's nothing we can do.

As far as the side panel, i dont get any response. HQ are busy with tons of products so i can see the delay there. There are about 18 new products that need to go through production for 2005. HQ has no intention of carrying the black side panel because the silver version isn't going anywhere. I'm talking about a production of the side panels enough for the lucky few who've been waiting. This is the best i can do as far as the black side panel. Still there isn't no confirmation yet so no guarantee can be made.

niall    0
I haven't been answering because it's the same complaints. Do you want me to sign on everyday and just tell you the same thing over and over again? "no response yet" then the next day "no response yet". Please i beg you, i have been asking questions to HQ but awaiting response. Reporting and worrying about these issues isn't my JOB anymore

Whose job is it?

I think we all appreciate your position bigbadbns, and the work that you are doing to help us out. But there is a serious problem with CM customer care adn technical support. These are the official CM forums. Where are the staff? Why are CM technical support staff not in here, looking after their customers?

I understand that tweaking of technical support is underway. What is the timeframe for this? What is being changed? Can we get some details on how this is going to affect us and improve the level of service that we are experiencing?

Some people are being ignored by email, and I'm lucky to get the occasional response from Franco in Taiwan. These forums seem to be filled with loyal, but frustrated, CM customers. Personally, I've had such a bad experience with CM over the last few months that I'm not sure that I will buy another CM product or recommend them to anyone. When will these problems be addressed?

Ice Man    0

Guess what - After first being devastated about not being able to fit my X850XT IceQ II Turbo, into the Stacker, i then (after quite a few tries and tricks) managed to fit it in there without having to badger the card in any way and it's all running great! Incredible, what a relief :D

I'll post some pics of the whole thing, but not until i'm done with the sleeving :roll:

I'm soo vain...

Mr. Miyagi    2
Guess what - After first being devastated about not being able to fit my X850XT IceQ II Turbo, into the Stacker, i then (after quite a few tries and tricks) managed to fit it in there without having to badger the card in any way and it's all running great! Incredible, what a relief :D

That's great news! What did you do differently installing it?

N|x    0
I haven't been answering because it's the same complaints. Do you want me to sign on everyday and just tell you the same thing over and over again? "no response yet" then the next day "no response yet". Please i beg you, i have been asking questions to HQ but awaiting response. Reporting and worrying about these issues isn't my JOB anymore

Whose job is it?

I think we all appreciate your position bigbadbns, and the work that you are doing to help us out. But there is a serious problem with CM customer care adn technical support. These are the official CM forums. Where are the staff? Why are CM technical support staff not in here, looking after their customers?

I understand that tweaking of technical support is underway. What is the timeframe for this? What is being changed? Can we get some details on how this is going to affect us and improve the level of service that we are experiencing?

Some people are being ignored by email, and I'm lucky to get the occasional response from Franco in Taiwan. These forums seem to be filled with loyal, but frustrated, CM customers. Personally, I've had such a bad experience with CM over the last few months that I'm not sure that I will buy another CM product or recommend them to anyone. When will these problems be addressed?

Agree 100% with the aforementioned post