Sign in to follow this  
Pattmyn

120mm Rifle Bearing?

Pattmyn    0

A thought just crossed my mind...I have one of the CM Neon LED 80mm fans thats a rifle bearing fan and I love it, very quiet for the preformance. I was wondering if they ever tried a rifle bearing with a 120mm fan? That would be a great idea if they did. :)

Mr. Miyagi    2

I think that would be a great idea. Maybe create a performance version of the 120 so you can recieve higher CFM with the same DBa.

Pattmyn    0

Yeah, that was exactly my thinking. I did a review of the rifle bearing fan (along with some CM roudned cables) and was astounded with the preformance power with the low dba.

Pattmyn    0

Heh, wheres the CM staff when we need em? lol

Hybrid-Mods    0

I know they make 120mm fans, but i don't know why with sleeve bearings.. I think i remeber being told that rifle bearings are in between sleeve and ball bearing, in quiet terms. but the 80mm fan i have from CM with the rifle bearings is pretty quiet

Pattmyn    0

Yah I have one too, best part is its comparing to a Vantec Stealth in silence but stats of a standard fan.

Mr. Miyagi    2
Yah I have one too, best part is its comparing to a Vantec Stealth in silence but stats of a standard fan.

Yeah, I think they're great! I have 3 80mm myself. :wink:

Pattmyn    0

I would have to look into it but I think my next stealth rig is going to have the 80mm's in it...or I go all 120mm fans.