karan racha

nepton 240m on i7-4790k giving 90 degree C at idle at stock speed!

karan racha    1

my motherboard is gigabyte GA-Z97M-D3H..  my nepton 240m pump is connected via a 4 pin to the cpu_fan header.... in the bios the pwm value is set to 2.75 which is max.... my cpu temps are 90 degree c   at idle 0-3% usage.....    i do not have pwr_fan or opt_fan on the mobo...all i have is cpu_fan and sys_fan which both have max 2.75 pwm....  what the :) is going on I do not understand.........   where else m i supposed to connect my pump????? my psu????? plz help guys i gotta finish my project asap......

• Upvote 1

Sunday Morning    177

Hi Karan,

what you doing is correct so ..My suggestion as below 

try reseat your pump

try replug your wire

try set default your bios

and dont over tight your screw

here is some reference for you

post-91870-0-25940200-1447328053_thumb.jpg

karan racha    1

hey i reseated it and kept it on full speed and yet i get around 70 deg C on idle.  please tell me what m i doing wrong... i even increased the max rpm in the smart advanced fan menu

Sunday Morning    177

hey i reseated it and kept it on full speed and yet i get around 70 deg C on idle.  please tell me what m i doing wrong... i even increased the max rpm in the smart advanced fan menu

Hi, now your idle at 70c before this is 90c ..so try reinstall your radiator and the pump ..

pls try in 24h ( dont shut down your system )... and see how .

knud    129

• What case are you using?

Where is the radiator installed?

What is your ambient temperature?

Is your CPU overclocked?

Which tool do you use to readout the temperature?

Does the radiator itself feel hot?

Possible to post a few pictures of your build?

karan racha    1

thank youu everyone for your replies...I found my solution.... The guy who assembled my rig installed the fans upside down hence reversing the liquid circulation.....its a very small mistake but its worth to remember the correct positions whilst installng your fans.... thanks once agaiin ...................peace.....

Sunday Morning    177

thank youu everyone for your replies...I found my solution.... The guy who assembled my rig installed the fans upside down hence reversing the liquid circulation.....its a very small mistake but its worth to remember the correct positions whilst installng your fans.... thanks once agaiin ...................peace.....

NIce :)