Sign in to follow this  
RavingNun

Musketeer 2 with Dell

RavingNun    0

Those 2 are a no no. Dell pcs have their HDD Led connected to some kind of DELL PCB that i cant identify. Also dell has launched No-Screws case that doesnt use screws to hold up the cd drive, harddrive,pci or anything in the bays. They are very hard to install or even impossible on these dell machines. I had this happen to me so i just want to tell you that you should look in your case first before you do anythjing like that.

Mr. Miyagi    2
unless your buying a 2001FP/2005FPW LCD moniter :)

Either those or the XPS laptop. Another thing, a lot of people don't know/afford/can't build their own computers so they go with a company like Dell so lay off him little please and post something helpful.

Pattmyn    0

But have you ever cracked those cases man? Those are freakin space savvy! Soo compact :)

zerospace    0

I've worked on quite a few Dells & they can be a pain, but they're not as bad as compaq desktops. And I'm sure everyone knows this, but you don't get much more proprietary than an old Packard-Bell - if you ever see one of those, just run the other way, screaming :D

Wacft    0

i own a dell but i really dont get what your problem is. the way they make them screwless is by screwing rails to the drive then the the drive slides right in and perfectly flush.

btw for all you dell haters, dell is the numero uno company i recomend to computer illiterate people because they are the best for them and thats what they are there for. besides the gay xms series.

Guest Mindless Moron   
Guest Mindless Moron
I've worked on quite a few Dells & they can be a pain, but they're not as bad as compaq desktops. And I'm sure everyone knows this, but you don't get much more proprietary than an old Packard-Bell - if you ever see one of those, just run the other way, screaming :D

yes old packard bells are a nightmare and i had forgotten bout them until reading your post, thanks for ruining my life, time to go back to therapy. Also i hate compaq towers, thats where my loathing of riser cards came form.

i own a dell but i really dont get what your problem is. the way they make them screwless is by screwing rails to the drive then the the drive slides right in and perfectly flush.

btw for all you dell haters, dell is the numero uno company i recomend to computer illiterate people because they are the best for them and thats what they are there for. besides the gay xms series.

i wouldnt they send you the wrong gear, charge you double the price of any upgrades (ok upgrade of ram 108 from dell or 56 from manufacturer 45 from decent retailers) they're stuff is sublime for the price anyway it falls apart, plus they snapped up all the x800 cards first time round so we had to wait grrr, we hate dell.